Club Open House....

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Iron Goat, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

I thought I would share some photo's of our club's last N scale Open House this past weekend. We are getting ready to go to HO scale, and still no decision as to the fate of our old club layout. Our new layout will be based on the transition period (1950's).

Bob :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That's a good looking layout.:thumb: It would be a real pity if it were to be dismantled.:cry: Keep us posted on what they decide. And post a few more pics if you have any.
  3. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

OK Don, here are the rest of them... they are not too sharp, as I didn't have my Canon 10D along that day (I had to use my wife's little Olympus Digital Zoom... which has a "lag" every time you shoot a picture).

At present, the only foreseeable option's are to put it on display down at Kansas City Union Station, or "strip and store" the display. I hope we are able to put it at the Station.

Bob :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. neilmunck

neilmunck Member

I really like the sign on the golf ball factory :D

neil
  5. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

What a neat layout! I hope it gets displayed at the Station!
    Ralph
  6. ausien

ausien Active Member

Bob that sure is a great layout, I to would hope it would live on as a display at the station, thou I would proberly never see it.... have a good one.. steve
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Thanks for the interesting photos Bob. Looks like a fun layout to operate. Good luck going into HO.. Was there a specific reason for making the change?
  8. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

You're right, Robin... it truly is an interesting and fun "operation's layout". I guess you would have to say there are several reasons why the club is switching to HO scale from N. Quite a few of us model HO at our homes, but chose to affiliate with the N scale club because of all the opportunities ("Hands on" learning, Clinics, and a really reat group of guys and gals....). Then there is the other reason, and that is most of us are finally having trouble seeing "N" scale details !!!

Bob :oops: