Club Open House....

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
I thought I would share some photo's of our club's last N scale Open House this past weekend. We are getting ready to go to HO scale, and still no decision as to the fate of our old club layout. Our new layout will be based on the transition period (1950's).

Bob :thumb:

Bobsfile2129.jpg

Bobsfile2132.jpg

Bobsfile2140.jpg

Bobsfile2127.jpg

Bobsfile2119.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's a good looking layout.:thumb: It would be a real pity if it were to be dismantled.:cry: Keep us posted on what they decide. And post a few more pics if you have any.

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
OK Don, here are the rest of them... they are not too sharp, as I didn't have my Canon 10D along that day (I had to use my wife's little Olympus Digital Zoom... which has a "lag" every time you shoot a picture).

At present, the only foreseeable option's are to put it on display down at Kansas City Union Station, or "strip and store" the display. I hope we are able to put it at the Station.

Bob :confused:

Bobsfile2128.jpg

Bobsfile2129.jpg

Bobsfile2124.jpg

Bobsfile2133.jpg

Bobsfile2121.jpg

Bobsfile2130.jpg

Bobsfile2122.jpg

Bobsfile2125.jpg

Bobsfile2142.jpg

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Bob that sure is a great layout, I to would hope it would live on as a display at the station, thou I would proberly never see it.... have a good one.. steve

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
You're right, Robin... it truly is an interesting and fun "operation's layout". I guess you would have to say there are several reasons why the club is switching to HO scale from N. Quite a few of us model HO at our homes, but chose to affiliate with the N scale club because of all the opportunities ("Hands on" learning, Clinics, and a really reat group of guys and gals....). Then there is the other reason, and that is most of us are finally having trouble seeing "N" scale details !!!

Bob :eek:ops: