Clifton Forge

L

lester perry

I have this pic in Model Rail Operations but I liked it so much I put it here also. If I comited some kind of crime I will post bail.
Les
100_1165.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
NICE PIC Les!:thumb: GREAT photography, and a VERY BUSY looking pic.:thumb: I LIKE IT!!!:thumb::D THANKS!

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice photo, Les, I don't blame you for posting it again. Actually, I'm kinda glad, since I seldom get to the Operations Forum, and might otherwise have missed it.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
doctorwayne said:
Nice photo, Les, I don't blame you for posting it again. Actually, I'm kinda glad, since I seldom get to the Operations Forum, and might otherwise have missed it.

Wayne
I'm with you Wayne, it's something I missed too. I like it, it's busy, just like it should be. :thumb: :thumb:

L

lester perry

Doctorwayne & Don, check out operations. More good pics and quick discription of my operation system.
Les

L

lester perry

Guys this is actually a very busy place on my railroad. There are 14 tracks in the yard and 2 lead in tracks, it is a bottle neck. There are constant traffic jams in it. Last night I had a west bound freight and east bound MT coal train arrive at the same time. One of the lead tracks was tied up with switching operations from another west bound train which arrive just a little earlier still being broken down. So the mt coal train had to just wait out on the main line for a while. Needless to say the dispatcher (me ) was throwing a fit with the hostler (me) and the engineer on the mt coal drag (me ) was taking a nap.
Les

L

lester perry

TruckLover said:
sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

Sounds like you had "fun" last night?
Yes I did but that really is the norm for my layout.
Les

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I have a queston for you lester perry,

I was looking at the thread "what do you have" and I saw that huge building on your layout. What is it? Can you post a couple more pictures of it. It looks pretty cool. Is it a Nu-Line structures building?

It's in the second picture i think (Big white thing)

L

lester perry

If you are asking about the large white one it is a truck plant. It gets freight in from rail and trucks. The finished product Kenworth trucks are shipped by rail and trucks. It is a scratch built factory. Believe it or not I used foam board for walls & roof. Used detail parts not sure of manufacturer for roof vents. On the side you cannot see there are I think 6 truck docks. And a rail door. It is another very busy place with box cars going in & flats with trucks on them going out. It is painted with beige acrylic spray paint and the roof If i remember correctly spray painted with flat black sprinkled with sand while wet. Then after paint dried painted lightly with battle ship gray. It has been about 8 or 9 years since I built it so I don't remember details. It gets a lot of comments on open house because of the size and simplicity of it.
Les