Clever enterprise models and other sci fi ships

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Cforrest900, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

I have recently begun making master UHU's :inw: enterprise model to start off my 1:1000 scale sci fi fleet. I plan to use clevers models of the enterprise b, c, d, and nx01 but I'm not sure what scale each one is. I know he offers several in 1/1700, but those that are specified all have another version in a larger scale.

Clevers models can be downloaded here: http://cleverpapermodel.com/startrek/

Also, does anyone know what scale Zoushos enterprise e is.

Or UHU's Discovery. That'll be fun in 1/1000
  2. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

Also, does anyone have PDFs of the uss voyager downloadable here:
    http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/uss-voyager/
    Whenever I download it, I just get the .pdos but I have a Mac so I can't use them. And of course,what scale is it in?
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

You can find Paragons USS Voyager in the DOWLOAD Section.
  4. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

I managed to find the VOyager by 'Nothing' on papermodelers.com their downloads section is AWESOME!!!
  5. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

Shoot. They only have the pepakura version. Would someone be willing to convert it to PDFs and email it to me? Send me a pm if you're interested
  6. Rhaven Blaack

Christine U's Voyager is also in the DOWNLOAD Section and there is a PDF kit in it.
  7. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

Hmm. I downloaded that version and the only PDFs I found were of her additional parts to the model.
  8. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

I am about a third of the way through UHU's enterprise and I'm confused about the scale. It says that it is 1/1000 scale, but the saucer is drastically larger than that of makino sent. A

Ps... Still looking for someone to pm if they could email me the parts for the voyager by nothing and Christine u . Pm me if interested and I will give you my email adress
    Model download here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1079
  9. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Those additional parts make that Voyager the best Voyager available. Use her .PDO of the model, it will serve you well. The file is completeeee. :)

To Christine, I am such a big fan of that show and Thank You so much for letting this model be hosted here. It is the best Voyager model available that I have seen in any medium. :)
  10. Rhaven Blaack

How about sending Christine a PM and asking her directly if she can take the PDO file and turn it into a PDF file for you?
    That would be the best way to go about this.
  11. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

12. bgt01

bgt01 Exemplary Confidant

Here's something that might help you with scaling models. I build a lot or Rawen's Starfleet models and I'm currently working on scaling some of Clever's and Maniko's to that size.

What I did: I scaled Maniko's Enterprise A to match Rawen's TOS ships. Got a pic showing both ships together and opened it over top of Rawen's file. I made the pic layer opaque (I use InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as needed) and scaled until parts matched (i.e. the saucer in the pic matched the size in the model) - that's my base. Then I took the same comparison pic at the new size, opened it over top of the Enterprise-A and scaled the model to match the picture. It's not exact, but it works.

Trek models can be a pain because of conflicting "official" sizes, so you'll have to make a judgment call in some cases. You can get a lot of comparison pics and data at Bernd Schneider's site http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/