Cleopatra Shall Sail Again!!!

larrymax

Jan 17, 2004
Corona, CA
home.aaris.net
Well. Our fears have been affirmed. The thread on the building of the HMS Cleopatra was dropped off the list. Rick, and Jim (bless him! He actually has a PDF file of most, if not all of the thread!) and I (if there's anything I can do to help) will be working over the weekend to restore the thread to it's previous glory! Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we work our way back to a complete thread on the building of my beautiful Cleopatra! A special thanks to Rick and Ron for all their dedication to this site and the countless hours they devote to keeping thing sailing smoothly...and no one gets paid SQUAT! Rick, Ron, my payment is my undying gratitude for all you do for us with this AWESOME website. THANK YOU!

In the meantime....GO BUILD SOMETHING!

Max
Captain
HMS Cleopatra
Paper Navy of the Bear Flag Republic

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Max!
Yikes!!!
Well, let me know how you want me to forward the pdf files I have...should I do it one at a time?
Let me know, and the...
"Stand by to receive!"
I will shoot the first one off shortly.
Hope you can use them.... :?
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Max,
You're probably very busy with trying to work with those PDF files, but just wanted to check in and see if you needed help with them.
Someday you'll have to relate to me how you can use the PDF file and transform them into a posting...is it simply a cut and paste ("simple", he says, with some 200 plus posts to be reproduced). :roll:
Thanks again for all the time and effort you, Ron and the rest put into making this forum the superb site it is! :D
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Thanks, Ashrunner.
The PDF files sort of cut up the html page, and had other notations on the bottom and top, so I was wondering how they would look when converted back to the html format. Guess I can try a little experiment.
I noted on that web page you gave there seemed to be a free download...have you tried to download and use the freebie?
Such much to learn, so little time.... :D
Jim

Ashrunner

Sep 26, 2005
Redmond, Oregon
I haven't tried the PDF2HTML, but did try PDF2TXT which worked good. However, it was only the one document I needed converted (too lazy to retype) so I never went further with it. Let me know how the experiment with PDF2HTML comes out.

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Well, the download was pretty easy. 8)

You get a limited number of runs with the trial program, but it converted the pdf into an html format...I'm not that computer savy, so I'm sure there is a way to work with it better than I did.

I guess I was expecting it to convert the pdf to a single html file which when clicked would open into my browser in the same manner as the original html page did...it created a number of html files, though, five of which seemed to look like the original, but it was not the full page. It produced 5 pages of html type format from the PDF file all of which, if you could put them together, represented a full original html page. If you click on one, you get the one part of the page as it was converted, but you then have to click on the remaining 4 to view what used to be the entire html page, one by one. :roll:

Haven't figured out how or if you can convert the pdf file into a single html page like the original using this program, though. I'm sure someone more familiar with this computer stuff could figure it out without any problem, but not me... :?

Not sure if this is clear, but I hope when you read this it makes some sense.
Jim