Clear paint?

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Hello!

I would like to use a spare Athearn SD75M light bulb to make a nose marker for my U34CH. Its the right size, but i need it to glow red. I know Tamiya makes a clear red paint for model plane markers. these usually aren't lighted, but i wonder if it would work on my light bulb.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
One of the guys at the modular club colours his bulbs by simply dipping them in paint of the appropriate colour - the key is not to stir the paint first! That way, you basically end up with a thin wash of colour over the bulb that still allows most of the light to come through.

Andrew

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
webmaster said:
Why not change your light bulb for a sub minature LED?

Originaly that was the plan, except i'd use some fiber optic cord to make the Class lights to ( which also glow red in some cases)

however, i have these lightbulbs here now, and otherwise i'd likely need to order the LEDs off the internet. I'm not familiar with Radioshack's selection. i might check there.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
the paint/dye that is used to add color to fishing spoons might work you can get it at any large sporting goods store that sells fishing gear.Richmond controls should have the small led's.