cleaning up

King Bonk

Hi - my first post here, glad to be here!

Im King Bonk and I just got a train set. Actually I dug up my dad's Lionel set and am slowly piecing together what works, what doesnt, what I got. Its like finding buried treasure! I actually was able to get 2 tracks working - after buying ALL new track. The whiff of ozone when that train started rolling was like being transported back 20 years and i was sitting next to my dad again. Thats what its all about i guess, it never leaves you.

I have bought new track and have cleaned whatever existing track seemed salvagable. My ZW transformer is a bit dusty, but working. Now I wish to turn to servicing my cars and engines. I seem to remember my dad using cleaners, WD-40 and other implements to clean and maintain. But Im not sure where to begin. So my question: given i have just excavated these trains from a dusty ol garage where they were sitting for a decade, what should i do to clean and restore my engines and cars?

im excited to find these forums...look forward to hearing from someone...

King Bonk

ezdays

Out AZ way
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Gauge. If you've been poking around you know that this is one of the most friendly and informative RR boards on the Net. We're looking forward to seeing more of what you're doing including pictures of course. :wave: :wave: