Claudio's Bumblebee Build Gallery

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by CK Styles, Sep 5, 2008.

1. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Thought I would post my pics here rather than on Claudio's thread as it fealt like I was Hijacking (sry !). This is not a build thread, just photos of my progress. Any questions are welcome, of course! Hope you enjoy the pics!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

OK, more images for you .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Some more .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

The torso. Still have some bits left on this (doors, wheels and some minor parts here and there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

wow! your doing a much much better job than im doing!! i may have to redo some stuff now! keep it up:)
  6. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Thanks Nothing. Your build is looking great as well. There are some pretty fiddly parts in there! FYI, on the tail lights, headlights and fog lights, I printed these parts on clear acetate to get a nice shiny look. I cut them out and glued them over the existing paper lenses. It gives a nice realistic look to them with a lot of depth. I skipped the LED lights as I thought the eyes were enough and I didn't want to detract from them.
  7. Biroka

Biroka Member

Hy! Its looking really great. I'm almost at the same stage whit the build as you are...there are just a few steps (large steps :p) and we're done (waiting that moment from long ago) :-D
  8. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Hi Biroka, Yes, it is hard to find the time some days to work on it. I am hoping to have it complete by the end of this week (go me).
  9. Biroka

Biroka Member

Keep up the good work! I want to finish it before school starts too (sep. 15). So I'm running out of time wall1
  10. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hi, CK Styles

Great model, great build. Very good photos. Congratulations!!!
  11. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Thank you mauther! I am glad you like the photos! I have been thinking about ways to take Bumblebee's picture once I have completed the model. Hmm, it will be fun ...
  12. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Bumblebee is complete! Hooray for me. This was a very rewarding model. I highly recommend it to any one looking for a very nicely detailed model. I took a few liberties here and there to make some of the parts easier to make, but other than that, I stuck to the plans. Once again Claudio has not failed to amaze all with this one. I will have some new pics up (better ones than these) in a few days. He is standing in a box as he is on his way to be displayed in my office.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Wow

Wow, Chris... that's a very very neat job, awesome, bravo! good work, what else? :thumb:

and for Claudio, if you read this.. you are a master designer :inw: :inw:
    :thumb: hooray for chris and claudio (sounds familiar,...umm. it's like pocoyo's narrator.. lol )

jules
  14. Biroka

Biroka Member

Wow!!! Nothing else to say...not because it doesn't worth it...just not getting words! Awesome....hope mine will look close to this one.
  15. Biroka

Biroka Member

One more question...how thick paper did you use and mat /semi mat / glossy ?
  16. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Hey thanks guys for all the kind words. I really try to be as neat as possible on my builds. I have a lot of room for improvement (don't we all), but I am getting better!

Biroka,

I pretty much always use 84# card stock. In certain areas (leg tubes, some foot sections) I used 110# for a little extra support. I do not use glossy paper as it is difficult for me to work with and I don't always like the end result. So, mat all the way. Another thing I don't like to do is paint or conceal the fold lines / edges. For me, leaving those visible re-enforces the idea that you are indeed looking at a true paper model. Cheers to those that cover up the edges, but it's not my preference. If I can offer some pointers down the road, let me know.
  17. Biroka

Biroka Member

Hmmm I'm not really sure what that means....84# and as I looked here and there I'm not even sure if xy gsm paper is what I knew it was. Isn't 80 gsm paper the same with 80 g/m [FONT=&quot]2 [/FONT]or there is a difference just like at cm-inch? Sorry for the dumb question.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  18. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Chris, hooray for you!!!:thumb:

You did an excellent job!!! Congratulations and thank you for building Bumblebee
  19. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Thank you for your compliments! And Jules, I've once told you that: You are the Master!!!
  20. zealousy

zealousy Member

I've got one word for youWOW!