Class A Climax How-to question

loggeron30

Oct 19, 2004
Castle Rock, Colorado
www.freewebs.com
Hi all,
Would anyone be interested in a "how-to" on building a Class A T-boiler Climax for On30? I am currently converting an Athearn SW1500 of which I had seveal miss-haps before I got a simple T-boiler figured out for this. I still am working on the water tank but that is the easy part. I warn you..this is a very backwoods looking loco! As to cost, I would say it is under $60.00 including the drive train so it should fit into anyones budget. for castings you will need a dome, headlight, and stack, anything else on the boiler as far as gauges, pipes, throttle, Johnson Bar is up to you.
Anyhow, if there is enough interest I will put something together.
Ken

C

Catt

I'm not much of a fan of class A Climaxes,but I think your how to would be a great addition to the Gauge.

loggeron30

Oct 19, 2004
Castle Rock, Colorado
www.freewebs.com
Ok gents, I will put something together. For the most part the only thing left is the cab. I finished everything else last night on the backhead. I just wanted to add some additional pipes, valves, etc, yada, yada yada.
Not sure if it can be done with 3-rail but it is a very easy project which was want I wanted to come up with. I think with the right drive train it would work.
Ken

loggeron30

Oct 19, 2004
Castle Rock, Colorado
www.freewebs.com
OK Gents, I just finished the model and am about 2/3 of the way finished with the how to. I thought I would post a quick picture of the finished model to see what you thought.

ajs.sized.jpg

To date, this is a very detailed How-to which I will post a separate thread for it. Anyhow, that's your sneak peek. Hope you like her!
Ken

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Ken -

I saw the picture and thought you were going to give us instructions like "cut all pieces and assemble to match picture"...! ;) :D

It's going ot be nice to see how you put her all together.

Andrew