civil aircraft

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nothing, May 23, 2008.

?

level of interest for civilian airliners etc.

Poll closed Jun 2, 2008.
  1. huge interest

29.3%
  2. good interest

33.3%
  3. casual interest

28.0%
  4. no interest

9.3%
  1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

just looked up yhe AVRO jet and it is a good looking plane.
  2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Yep, and had the runway at Malton been just a bit longer, or the management at AVRO a wee bit more courageous, the Jetliner could have beat the Comet into the air.

Sometimes I think that Canada should change it's motto from "A Mari usque ad Mare", to "Coulda, Shoulda, Didna". :-(
  3. scon10

scon10 Member

If you mean with Golden Age, Cdcoyle, the prewar period in the 1930's, then I agree fully, I love models such as the early Fokker airliners. The Fokker F-XXXVI (36 passengers,thence the number) was built of paper, linen and balsa wood, scale 1 : 50.
    But if you mean the piston airliners age of the 1950's, then I also fully agree. The Super Constellation and Fokker S-12 Instructor are paper, scale 1 : 66 2/3.
    I think we can't have enough models of these elegant aircraft. However, don't forget the very early jets, such as the Avro Jetliner and the DeHavilland DH-106 Comet!
    Scon10

Attached Files:

4. Jesus

Jesus Member

Hello all,
    I´m new here and when looking at the posts i have found this one about paper commercial planes. Ok, that is exactly what i build. I´m very fond of aviation specially for passenger planes from the 60´s and 70´s. My hobby is to build large scale 1/33 planes. I´m currently with a Caravelle 6R based in Geli´s one but with a lot of inprovements as you will see. In fact, after all changes and inprovements i think that the caravelle in the actual stage has nothing to do with the original one. I don´t build the original planes, i always re-design them with corel and also use my own materials. These are most of the cases painted and not printed. Caravelle is the exception because is a Transavia Holland (old white tail livery) and almost all fuselage is white except for the two tone green windows line and the black big T. I decided make this plane printed because sun decoloration will not affect very much to these colours. All my models are also "inside build".
    I also design other planes, i´m now working with a 1/33 Trident (BEA) and a Bac one-eleven also in the same scale.
    I will post some pictures of my models (completed and "on the way") and i would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to every one in this site.:mrgreen:
    I hope you like the pics. The problem is that i haven´t got too much free time now so i will be posting from time to time.

Have fun.

Attached Files:

5. Jesus

Jesus Member

Some other details; airstairs and first seat test.

Attached Files:

6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Er... WOW!! Where is that model from, may I ask? ...Absolutely impressive!
  7. Jesus

Jesus Member

Geli 1/33 DC-9. Super detailed also with interior and painted (not printed).

Attached Files:

8. Jesus

Jesus Member

Finally, (by now...) A huge 1/33 scale Condor Boeing 727 that is hanging (with the clearance of my wife...of course :twisted:) of the living room ceiling.

This model is based in the old 3D models of Chula Vista for the boeing 727 but completely re-done and enlarged to the huge 1/33 scale. I took these pictures last year when "grounded" on the table for de-dusting. This model is also painted, so sunlight doesn´t affect. Complete interior, as always. All is card or paper except for rubber tyres and trasparent acetate.

Attached Files:

9. Jesus

Jesus Member

Belly detail and cockpit interior...

Attached Files:

10. Jesus

Jesus Member

Hi, it´s based in the old GELI caravelle but redrawn in Transavia livery. Interior in all my planes are designed by myself, using pictures, manuals and everything from the real aircraft.
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

holy crap!!!! where did you get these kits????????????
  12. Jesus

Jesus Member

Hi, i have just found some pictures of the making in an old cd.

Attached Files:

13. Jesus

Jesus Member

Some more pics...

Attached Files:

14. Jesus

Jesus Member

These kits are scratch build from cardstock. I use several parts (stencils or plates) from other kits if neccesary, most of them are internal parts that let me solve some structural and wing root problems but as i want the maximum level of detail, finally i do almost all new designed parts and the model has nothing to do with the original. Anyway, i have almost all model plates and stencils in corel format but are simple parts because as you can see i use a special tecnique of detailing. Anyway, if you want to ask anything about materials please let me know. There is a very specific procedure for every part so that you can get this real appearance. The bare metal effect is just that, a bare metal very thin adhesive paper printed in silver pantone ink. Some years ago i went to a printer house and i ordered about 200 a3 sheet printed in silver "mass". I use these sheets to print the parts for metal areas.
  15. Jesus

Jesus Member

Here you can see an example of what i have just told about the silver parts. Please, see the pics and you will understand. These are pics of the recent building of the Caravelle engine.

Attached Files:

16. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

jawdrop I am just stunned...
  17. 727engineer

727engineer New Member

Well done mate, you are strong with the force!!! I wish i had your patience.
    I love the choice of aircraft, did you go with the Whisper Jets??
  18. Jesus

Jesus Member

By the moment i´m going for the old classics. The next one will be for sure a Bac one-eleven that i have almost drawn, next will come the Trident. A boeing 707-400 in BOAC or BEA Airtours livery is also planed.

I hope you liked the Condor 727, your avatar says it all... :thumb:
  19. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

Jesus I have been very impressed with your models, of course you are very very good riding, will send you an PM

A greeting
  20. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hi Jesus,
    You are an alien, a monster .......
    ..... of ability!
    Models very, very, beautiful.

Regards.

Orazio