Citroen 2CV (Ingenia - 1953)

• Thread starter niebla de fuego
  • Start date
N

niebla de fuego

Sometimes you just need to go back to the basics. Forget about complex things, and force yourself to face simple challenges. I find that’s a good way to re-learn, and to practice. That's why I decided to build this kit.

This is the Citroen 2CV by Ingenia. Originally shared by Patricia at Agence Eureka.
You can download it from: http://bibigreycat.blogspot.com/2009/09/une-2cv-construire-1954.html

I cleaned a bit the original scans and printed at A3 size. The result is a paper model at an approximate scale of 1:27

Easy to build. Parts fit nicely most of the time. Graphic details are rough and simple, as expected from a 1953 kit.

Instructions are in French. If you don’t know French you will need a translator an/or some creativity and instinct to understand the way the suspension is assembled.

But it is not difficult at all.

The black threads are rubber threads used in clothes and lingerie.

The front of the headlights can be made with white cardstock,

or with clear acetate (French word “rhodoïd” is just that).

I used some extra material from the headlights of the Ford Tri-motor

for the Citroen 2CV headlights.

The suspension can be seen in action in this video:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You have done a GREAT JOB on this build!!!
I like the fact that is has suspension as well!
Thank you for sharing this with us!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That really came out great. I have an extremely detailed model of this car. When I was in Europe, people had love relationships with them. If you were driving it, you loved it, if you were behind it, you hated it! I was always surprised they did co-produce one with a Volkswagen beetle engine, it would have made for a really nice car. There is a lot of technology in those cars, like the frame, for saving weight, yet keeping them rigid. The lack of appreciable horsepower was unbelievable though. They maxed out at 29 H.P., they started out with 9 h.p.. See chart below.

Neat model Ruben. I believe the suspension shown may be an improvement on the originals. :)

375 cc (23CID) H2 air-cooled 9hp.
425 cc H2 air-cooled 12hp.
435 cc H2 air-cooled 18hp.
602 cc H2 air-cooled 29hp