Cimarron Mine (My Wife is Building) Opionions

jlg759

My wife ask me to ask the group what other modelers think of her work? Please send honest opionions I will post more when it is done.
Thanks

Joe & Crystal

Attachments

• layout 129.jpg
    layout 129.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 348

Will_annand

Joe and Crystal, looks good from here.

There is only one comment I can make. they look far to "new" for me.
I would be weathering the coaling tower up with charcoal, gray and black chalks.

Tyson Rayles

Looks very good! I noticed you said you will post more when they are done, so I'm guessing that's why they haven't been weathered yet. I don't know which of you did the ground covers and rock work but they are nice also. :)

seanm

Very nice! What scale are they? I al looking for clues in the picture and I can't tell. If there sere some carpenters around it I would think it was 1:1!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Nice work and the setting is what we all try to achieve. Once complete and weathered these structures will fit in very nicely. Good work both of you.

Clerk

That is beautiful work Crystal. Post a new picture after it is weathered.
I won't say anything about Joe's landscaping as I think he gets enought compliments anyway.

rcline

Now I feel really bad! A fine lady has out done me so bad, I'm just gonna tuck my tail between my legs and go hide under the porch!!!!
That is really nice work!!!! on everything!!!!

belg

Joe & Crystal you have done an excellent job in assembling but as Will pointed out you really need to weather it,( I do most of mine before assembly) Alot of this can be done after but you have to be really carfuel when applying glue as it will not take stain or paint the same way. If you plan on using alcohol and india ink or acrylic paints for weathering I hope you braced the interior of the structure to prevent warping. One more little tip I would like to pass on is on the stone work if you put it together with some lightweight quick drying spackle you could eliminate those straight up and down seams but maybe for now you can apply a bit of glue with a toothpick and pour some leaf material over it to make it look like a vine. Hope this is not to harsh but it is only meant to help. Pat