Christmas...

JMD3

Sep 1, 2002
Dallas, Texas
Visit site
Luis

I hope you can do a little more research. Or at least look further. Both loco's sell for at least half that here in the US or other web sites (or where you quoting Euro's?).

As far as quality, these are both older LL's and do not have the split frame chassis. The E is heavy and does pull decently but how many passenger cars are you going to pull? The SD has fly wheels (One of the first LL's to have them) but all the ones I've seen run don't seem to be effective. Both engines are noisy and high speed runners. They will use a very small portion of the throttle range.

I would recommend either the LL GP20's or their SW1200 over SD7/9 or E7. If you are looking for a passenger engine the LL PA is better then the E7. The real way to go if you can afford them is Kato and Atlas. I have large fleets of both that I'm very happy with. The few LL's I have are good and they do have great paint jobs, but don't run as smooth as the others and are quite abit noisier.

Just my opinions.

Jim

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
I talked to Luis earlier today about buying them in America and he said with the import taxes and shipping it would be about the same as buying them from the place he quoted.

All that aside, I think the two engines mentioned are excellent choices. I have owned both and believe that for the money they're some of the best choices.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by Xaniel
Well, Christmas is almost there, and I'm going to buy tow new locos...

I've been advised about LL SD7 and LL E7... Both will cost me $99... Seen at www.macsmodels.co.uk

What do you think about them?

The Life Like SD7 is only £29.95 at Macs Models of Scotland. So in US $'s that would be $48 at the current exchange rate of around 1.6. So I guess that the $99 that you are paying for the two locos is quite good. There are many UK Model Shops with website Luis, here's the link.

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/
Shamus