Christmas Layouts

TR-Flyer

Hi:

Wanted to post a couple pics of my Christmas layout on the board. Thought i'd seen a couple of others previously but a search just now didn't turn any up on a "Christmas" related thread. So, I'm starting one. Would love to see other's holiday layouts or things you lucky folks with permanent layouts do to make them reflect the season.

Here's mine.

Overall shot, the room's not quite big enough, or the lens wide enough to catch both ends.

Attachments

• overall-mid.jpg
    overall-mid.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 131

TR-Flyer

Oops, i'm really bad at this. Ahhem,... From the RIGHT side!

Happy New Year!

Attachments

• loco-passenger.jpg
    loco-passenger.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 122

Drew1125

That looks like a big, fun layout, TR!
I wish I had the space for something like that under the tree!
All I have room for is this little N scale diddy...I've posted pics of it before, but here's some new ones I just took 'cause you asked...then I'm shovin' it back up in the attic till next year...
I built this about 5 years ago, just to have something "Christmasy" to set up with the tree...
Everything here is "out of the box"...nothing fancy...(except the trees & scenery...those are homemade)

Attachments

• mvc-023f.jpg
    mvc-023f.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 107

Drew1125

Ok,
time to shatter the illusion!
The whole thing is only a circle of Atlas Snap-Track on a piece of wood, with some scenery built up around it...the whole get-up measures a whopping 22" in diameter!:rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• mvc-027f.jpg
    mvc-027f.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 97
That's a charmer of a Christmas train Charlie.... but ..... on second thoughts,... methinks I'd rather lay on the floor and play with TR's..... Ahhhhhhhh, to be young again .. :D :D :D :D

Errol

davidstrains

Originally posted by Charlie
Ok,
time to shatter the illusion!
The whole thing is only a circle of Atlas Snap-Track on a piece of wood, with some scenery built up around it...the whole get-up measures a whopping 22" in diameter!:rolleyes: :D

Charlie, That is a neat layout and does what it is supposed to do- conveys a Wintery theme for Christmas time. and all in a 22" circle. Very nice:) :) :)

Drew1125

Thanks David!
It has a little train set power pack permantly attached to the bottom, which I wired an on/off switch to...you just flip the switch, & the buildings light up, & the train runs around...my wife & daughters love it...in fact, I was going to put it in the trash a year ago, but they unanamously defeated that proposal... they've shown it to everyone they know...You can't imagine how many times I've heard, "Oooo, that's so CUTE!" :rolleyes: :D :p

TR-Flyer

Charlie: I can imagine how many times you've gotten that response, cuz it IS cute! What a great scene. I was shattered by the last photo that showed its true size. Coulda sworn I could walk over and set a spell on the porch. Love the trees and the overall feeling the layout creates. Having lights on it is the final touch!

Would love to share my layout with y’all but you have to get here before superbowl Sunday, that’s when it all comes down. Can’t put this one around the tree. My family allows me to take over one end of the “library”, I think the room is supposed to be a “living room” but we don’t do our “living” in rooms. Anyway, it’s about 5-feet by 8-feet. Can run two trains at the same time and have operating barrel loader, MTH-Dispatch Board (Santa brought it this year), AF-passenger station, rocket launcher and truck unloader cars. Steam and diesel whistles too so we can make lots of noise and of course the steam engines have smoke and choo-choo sounds so we can add American Flyer aromatherapy to the seasonal effect!

Thanks for posting Charlie, I’m gonna have to work on some trees to add to next year’s layout. They just add so much to the feel.

Regards,
Ted

TR-Flyer

Jon:

When i'm running trains, i get really small. I can actually fit into the engine and ride down the rails!

It's the Steve Martin effect, only using AF smoke fluid instead of, well, you know.....

Now, if i could only get my plastic people to cooperate with me the way yours do with you.

Regards,
Ted

roryglasgow

Here's a late entry... A co-worker had an old Louis Marx train set (from probably the early '60s, from what I can tell). It appeared to be in good order, but had troubles running down the track. She let me tinker with it to see if I could get it running. It turned out that the main problem (besides being very dirty) was a bad electrical connection between the terminals and the track. After cleaning it up and fixing the wiring, it ran like a champ! They built these things to last!

Here it is under one of the office Christmas trees...

Attachments

• officechristmaslayout.jpg
    officechristmaslayout.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 37