Christmas Layout

GNRail

We had to replace the train around the tree this year. I was hoping to maybe find some a nice huge HO ;) christmas set but was unable to find anything locally. It would seem that trains for sale these days for around the tree have to be plastic junk. Had to settle for more plastic :cry: this year.

I guess Iwill have to start haunting ebay again (sorry dear - I promissed my wife I would stay off of it for awhile).

Do any of the companies still bring out christmas sets. I haven't seen to much in n scale acccept the micro trains sets. I think it would be a little small for around the bottom of our tree and too much tempatation for our 4 legged family members. Although it might be neat to run around the tree up in the branches ..............:cool:

Sorry I faded in to an engineering moment

"Merry New Year and Happy Christmas"
- ?? Eddie Murphy - Trading Places

Garry

CSX6638

Garry,

I have a Bachmann G scale Night Before Christmas set and a Bachmann HO scale White Christmas set, bought both of them 3 years ago and set them up the day after Thanksgiving until the 2nd week of Jan. run them both a few hours every day and all day Christmas, so for I have not had a problem with either set, I just lube the engines as per Bachmann instructions. I usually have them set up on a table in the den but this year do to my recent open heart surgery I just don't have the energy to build the table so I set them up on a piece of green felt on the floor. You should be able to locate a set on the web and still have it delivered before Christmas.

Merry Christmas

Attachments

• christmas tree 03.jpg
    christmas tree 03.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 174

Russ Bellinis

Bachmann also makes some nice On30 sets to run narrow gauge on ho track. They really run well too. Of course you have to be careful. Getting a Bachmann Spectrum On30 shay is what prompted Shamus to tear down a beautiful ho railroad and start rebuilding in On30!