Christmas Day Check-IN

L

lester perry

New 6.3 Digital Camera and printer:D . No train stuff. But you can expect more Pics now as I don't have to borrow a camera anymore.
Les

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
The only train related gift was the Faller bridge kit I need to finish this section of the 4 piece N scale layout I am restoring. :thumb:
I did get some cash to spend at the LHS.:D

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
I must have been a very good boy this year, or the family is finaly understanding me.. lol

Here's my list.
P2K GP7 ph ll B&O Chsy
P2K GP38-2 Conrail
Bachmann GP40 Conrail
Athearn GP40-2 WM Chsy
Atlas C424 won off of Ebay has a quasie paint shceme but will become Penn Central
2ea. Stewart U25Bs won off Ebay both C&O Chsy different numbers.
Athearn 2 bay cvd hpr WM Chsy
IM 2 bay cvd hpr B&O Chsy
2 IM 3 bay cvd hprs Cargill and FMC
3 IM Flat cars EJ&E, ATSF, GN
and finnaly a Bowser N5C caboose Conrail.
WOW. Was the best (train) Christmas I've ever had.

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Santa brought me an N Atlas C630 (Canadian Pacific) and a decoder for it as well as a couple of decoders for 2 of my GP35's.
Other members of the family decided I did not have enough to drink and sent along 2 large bottles of rye whisky, 2 bottles of Bailey's Irish Creame, and a bottle of Wine.
Also, many tools, a few gift cards and the latest video in the Richard Sharpe series: "Sharpes Challenge". now I have all 15 videos.
Cheers!

Terry

scubadude

Sep 5, 2006
Richardson, Texas
I didn't ask Santa for any r/r stuff this year for fear he (she) would find out how much $$$ went to the LHS this year...My parents gave my wife and I a 32" LCD TV!!! I'm trying to figure out a way to use it for the backdrop of my layout so I can watch the games as I play trains.....Shaygetz - I suggest you put the lambo and the firebird in that styrofoam, snow capped mountain that SHOULD be in the corner or your layout!!!! Chessie - can I move in with you for next Christmas???

Merry Christmas everyone!

iis612

Dec 26, 2006
Chicago Burbs
I got a Bachmann set, expansion pack, and a livestock car with significant meaning on a personal level.
I have the best wife.

Merry Christmas all

lionelfan

Nov 3, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Spent a nice Christmas with the family including 4 preschool Greatnephews/nieces all who love Thomas. Wife got me a book and some much needed clothing along with the 06 Lionel Christmas car. Daughter/Son got me a lighted Dept 56 Chevrolet Dealership which looks great under the tree right now, but will be on the layout soon.. Most of all had blessed Christmas with all the family, and all are healthy... Now looking forward to the New Year. By the way, does anyone else collect Oguage Christmas cars? I have them all the way back to 1986.

iis612

Dec 26, 2006
Chicago Burbs
scubadude said:
Ok, you gotta tell us why the livestock car has special meaning. Don't make us guess, that might be dangerous:)

I have a son through a different marriage that I don't get to see that often. The last time he spent time with us, we drove from Colorado to Illinois. Part way through Iowa, we got stuck behind several trucks hauling livestock, and their waste was falling out of the trailer and onto the cars.
When we stopped to eat, my son proudly proclaimed that a "cow pooped at us." sign1

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
I must have been way better than I thought.

Atlas Master series GP38 with DCC
5 Round House cars, kit form.
1 Athearn UP caboose (Thanks Throughbreed!)
An Athearn "Steam Series" John Deer rolling stock numbered set from 2001 (son found it in a pawn shop unopened). Got I gotta get a steam engine....oh darn!

And I don't know what else cause we are doing the rest of Christmas the weekend of the 6th when our daughters family will be here to visit. But from what one daughter said more train stuff!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I got a 5-disc DVD set of Vanishing steam and one of those cordless soldering irons that cools instantly From my wife. That was about all the train related stuff with the execption of some cash from my In-laws that will be going to my craftsman kit sawmill.
Other treasures included a floor jack for working on the car, Back to the future trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Big trouble in little China DVD, Bad Boys 1 and 2 on DVD and a set of computer speakers from my wife. My Inlaws also got me a really nice Gold watch.
My Wife and I have alot of movie watching coming up since I got her 3 DVDs as well!

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
John Deere and perhaps property

Happy Belated Christmas to all !!!! I spent this Christmas in Iowa with my lovely wife Jennifer, instead of NJ. We are looking into buying additional property out here in the near future.
Santa got me a set of Athern John Deere Limited edition Ho trains. In addition to that, Jennifer wants me to have a place to put a great big layout here in Iowa, so in our search with our realtor Dave, the locations we choose must have a huge outbuilding, with all the necessary amenities of home, such as heat, electric and indoor plumbing.....
The one place we looked at has 7 acres in East Dubuque Ill. It has 4000 sq ft right next to an active gauge...It may take some timne to get use to having those big diesels whizzing by the house every 15 minutes. Jennifer is totally cool with it. I have my fingers crossed.
Wish me luck !!!!

Ah, let's see if I can remember it all...

C&O color pictorial v2 and a misc other bling from railohio
C&O Ry. in WV photos 1940-1960 and a book on ops plus misc other from kitsune
Mom gave me a nice Columbia zip-up fleece and a $50 GC to the Little Choo Choo Shop. :)
Dad gave me some cash
One sis gave me a couple books, one on beer and one on cars.
Another sis gave me some cookies and a gift card to Target for photo processing
My third sis is sending me a watch, but it's not here from Arizona yet.

I took my cash and gift certificate and cleaned out my "basket" of stuff I'd piled up at the Little Choo Choo. :) Brought home a pair of Atlas NH 50' DD boxes, a pair of peaked-end MT offset side hoppers (undec, to be painted C&O), and the big deal... a High Point, Thomasville, and Denton caboose! I already have the 4 boxcars from the set. Also got a couple books, one on the C&O (mines, towns, trains) and one about railroads in WNC. Plus some misc things... Lighting for an N enginehouse I'm soon to build and an HO transfer caboose kit.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
I guess that I wasn't very good this year. I got a lump of coal, :p :D . I suppose that it would be OK if I modeled steam, tooth1 but I don't. :rolleyes: Still had a good Christmas as several of my friends came to visit.

Happy New Year everybody! balloon6 bounce7 hamr hamr aussie :wave: :wave: