Chinese Long March CZ-2F

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by edkeffel, Oct 24, 2006.

1. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

Here is a photo of my CZ-2F (downloaded from internet sources):
    [​IMG]
    The original launch shroud and launch scape tower had to be modified.

I simply hate engine nozzles built from simple or phased cones. I prefer to use plastic or wooden rounded nozzles, thats because I use plastic parts from toys etc. These nozzles are rather big, but I managed to find smaller ones on a toy shop, and I glued them already.
  2. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

Here is a photo of my CZ-2F (downloaded from internet sources):
    [​IMG]
    The original launch shroud and launch scape tower had to be modified.

I simply hate engine nozzles built from simple or phased cones. I prefer to use plastic or wooden rounded nozzles, thats because I use plastic parts from toys etc. These nozzles are rather big, but I managed to find smaller ones on a toy shop, and I glued them already.
  3. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

Another view of lauch shroud CZ-2F

[​IMG]

If you are interested, I can show the developed draw for cutting and assemble the correct launch shroud.
  4. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

Another view of lauch shroud CZ-2F

[​IMG]

If you are interested, I can show the developed draw for cutting and assemble the correct launch shroud.
  5. C Greg

C Greg New Member

nice build (and mods)!

Hey Ed,
    That is a nice build!
    The Long March was my first scale paper model (I presume yours came from U-don's Factory, too . Mine is quite sloppy, so I'm planning to build another one. Also, mine is a flying model, and is getting a bit banged up.
    I'm interested in the fins -- I presume you designed them? I have seen some photos of the full-size CZ-2F with fins and some without fins.
    I'd be interested in any drawings you wish to show.

Obrigado,
    Greg
  6. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

Greg!

Greg, sorry for the late answer:
    I build the correct nose shape using only pencil and paper, not Corel, since my printer is out-of-combat.
    But I will work an a coreldraw file with the correct CZ-2F Shenzhou front shroud shape and I will post it as soon as possible in pdf format.
    Thanks for your kindly words!

worked in a Shenzou corel model wich I wil post here soon. The sole item that I didint build with paper was the command module.

regards

junior (edkeffel)