Chig Bomber from Space: Above and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sdk2knbk

This is more of a jigsaw puzzle at the moment, but if anyone wants to take a try at building one, here it is. Very beta, with no instructions as such. A couple of the added tabs are extra, just cut them off. I tried to upload the pdo file as well, but it just refuses to. If you need it pm me your email addy.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Chig Bomber.pdf
    760.6 KB · Views: 264
S

sdk2knbk

A blank white pattern, to clarify the fold lines.

Scott K.

Attachments

• chig white 2.jpg
    chig white 2.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 785
S

sdk2knbk

The alpha build from several years ago. The joint locations are not the same as the current version. Should be easier to build now (I hope).

Scott K.

Attachments

• CB alpha.jpg
    CB alpha.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 700

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Thanks Scott.. your a good man... I've been looking forward to some more Chiggy stuff. You did a good job building those engines.

I found some shiny wrapping paper in a gift shop, that's very close to the Chig vessel textures. I thought of trying it on a white model, just have to nut out a way to glue it on ( make it stick) without 'glue lumps' showing through, its that ?? err.. cellophane 'plasticy' sort of stuff..
:confused:

kaitain

Jan 21, 2007
UK
Hi Gearz,

Why not try artist's spray mount. It's a low tack re-positionable adhesive. In the UK its made by 3M and available from most art shops in cans like car spray paint. I've got some in my modelling/art supply dump.

Not sure about Oz, though.

Regards

Kaitain

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Thanks kaitain..I'll give that a try, there should be some equivalent in a local craft shop.
:-D

S

sdk2knbk

Started building the colored version last night.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Chig build 1.jpg
    Chig build 1.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 548
S

sdk2knbk

After attaching the top of the hull. I like the way the texture came out.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Chig build 3.jpg
    Chig build 3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 518
S

sdk2knbk

A little more progress. This is the bottom of the engine assembly.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Chig Build 4.jpg
    Chig Build 4.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 443
S

sdk2knbk

Another view, plus two more pieces, with the engine tops nearby.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Chig Build 5.jpg
    Chig Build 5.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 437
S

sdk2knbk

Last one for tonight. Same assembly, other side. I have to review the pdo, and make a sketch showing where the rest of the small bits go. What a pain!:roll:

Scott K.

Attachments

• Chig Build 6.jpg
    Chig Build 6.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 331

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Looks great Scott.. I'm really sorry the series croaked it (on a cliff hanger no less) I loved the Chig ships. I'm looking forward to building your Bomber.. maybe Bomber(s) They'd look great as a flight of two or three..

No Pain ~ No Gain
Please keep going!
:-D :-D

S

sdk2knbk

More build pix. The second image from the top on the right shows two white triangles. I mistakenly de-textured them, thinking they were tabs. Nope. No wonder I had such a hard time getting the last bits to fit right! To be fixed in the next release.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Engine Assy.jpg
    Engine Assy.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 296
S

sdk2knbk

Thanks Gearz, glad you like it so far. Here's three shots of the finished model, complete with misaligned starboard engine. The aft tip is pointing up too far, arrghh!! Naturally, that's the side I took the pictures of. Oh, well. I'll try to take a better one of the port side and post it later.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Done 3 view.jpg
    Done 3 view.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 288
S

sdk2knbk

A "better" pic of the port side. I managed to fix the misaligned stbd engine also. The model in the background is Steven Marshall's Chig Battleship from his Homesun Magixx site.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Chigs 3.jpg
    Chigs 3.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 259
S

sdk2knbk

Last view. This shows the corrected engine, but yet again, it's a fuzzy picture!:mad: I need to stop taking these late at night.

Scott K.

Attachments

• Chigs 1.jpg
    Chigs 1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 297

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Great build Scott, thanks for posting it. Looking at your pics has made me want to watch the series again (again). Sniff.. it sucks that its 'Never no more'

.... maybe we could make a fan film using card models?.. Just have to remember to keep our fingers out of shot.. You build the models and I'll record all of the voice "woooooSH' ing and 'Peeeowww' 'Peeeowww' sound effects..
:roll:

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
I was looking for a Chig Fighter recently, when I realized; I could just cut off the end of your bomber, re-skin it and scale it up, because the engines of the bomber are really just a painted fighter attached to the back.

Anyway, I figured I'd let you know, in case you had anything against it.

Oh, and I can't find the carrier on Homespun Magixx anymore...could you send me a copy?

S

sdk2knbk

Well, I don't mind, if you don't mind having an "innacurate" fighter. The engines on the fighter are all at the same angle to each other, that is to say, 120 degrees apart. On the bomber, the bottom two aren't like that. Anyway, Gearz has a much better fighter. Hey Gearz, you out there? Mind if I send Paragon a copy?

Scott K.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Sorry you had to step in there Scott, *My models and I are sort of vagrants at the moment.. Yep by all means, the Chig fighter is a little rough, but disseminate it as you please.

Jonathan jleslie48 is graciously hosting and cycling through a few of my models So the SaaB Saratoga and Chig fighter might surface there form time to time ( *If you've haven't been there, do yourself a favour and visit his site, there's a wealth of interesting material ).

Scott ~ just btb.. I'm toying with an idea for a stand for your Chig bomber /s. Is it OK with you If I post it/them, when their done ?
:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.