Chi-He Type 1 Command Vehicle

Kiyoshi

Jul 17, 2012
Heya xD

It's been a while since I showed what I am working on, but I haven't been idling in the meantime. Inbetween studying for my exams (they are over, thank god xD ) I managed to work on a Tank, more specific the Japanese Chi-He Type 1 Command Vehicle. The model consists of 1250 parts (of which nearly 420 in the tracks alone) and has a scale of 1:25. I figured, with a price of about 5 USD, I could use this one to practice for my next project (see last picture).

Anyway, here are the piccies!

SL550249.jpg

SL550250.jpg

SL550252.jpg

SL550256.jpg

SL550257.jpg

SL550259.jpg

SL550264.jpg

SL550265.jpg

SL550266.jpg

And the new project:

SL550267.jpg

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Nice job! :thumb:
I built the Chi-He as my first-ever tank (at the moment the only one as well :rolleyes:) and I enjoyed it tremendously except for tracks built from separate links - this was bit too much repetition for my taste...

Kiyoshi

Jul 17, 2012
Thanks for the nice words :) It was my first tank ever as well, till now I have only done architecture models. But it's a nice model to build, even though the fit isn't always as good as it could be, and the quality of the paper is rather abysmal (it happened often that the layer with the print would come off, especially when glueing the wheels into place). But well... it was a challenge, and I like challenges ;) The new project will probably be a lot easier, since it doesn't have as many small parts. On the other hand, I plan to model each link of the tracks separately, so it'll be a lot of work anyway xD

Z

Zathros

It is a fine looking model I have not seen many Japanese models tanks. This one is excellent in your hands. :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I am trying to gather the nerve to tackle another vehicle project my first paper tank wasn't very good.

yours looks fabulous, maybe a panzer 4 or Merkva would do for me.

treadhead1952

Mar 22, 2009
Las Vegas, NV USA
That is one heck of a build!

I'd get lost with all those parts just for the tracks. I have enough fits just with 1/200 scale ship models.

I will definitely be looking for that PzKwIII build.

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I built up a DML PzKw IV Aufs H in 1/35th scale with individual track lengths in styrene once and the tracs took me two weeks to do.
I can just imagine cutting and folding individual tracks in paper ARGHHH

Kiyoshi

Jul 17, 2012
@ Micah
This one didn't have individual tracks (I just needed to cut out the bands and the ummm... whatchacallthem thingies on the inside), but the model I am doing at the moment *does* have individual tracks.... I haven't arrived at that stage yet, but since I don't want to use lasercut tracks, it'll be a lot of work :)

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
so on the one you are working on you do have to cut out and fold each link Arghhh good luck my friend