cheap vehicles

ronin_wolf

Nov 26, 2006
Hey fellas:

While I was at Wal-Mart this afternoon, I noticed some HO and 1:72 scale automobiles for fairly cheap (about 7 bones for a 5 pack of purported 1:87 scale and about 2 bucks for a 1:72). They ranged from classics to modern sports cars. Figure a few quick dabs of detailing paint, maybe a wash and drybrush, and they'd be a good cheap addition.

FYI.

cheers.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Welcome to The Gauge:wave:

Yup, I've pretty much picked my share of Wal-Mart 1:87, one can only have so many cherry red Cobras before the plausibility meter starts red lining.:thumb:

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
I'm modeling 1880 so they don't really work for me. I did pick up a five pack just to get the Lamborgini. The rest go to a buddy. I've been looking for an HO scale Delorean to hide in a mine. I figure if I paint it silver and add a flux capacitor, nobody will know the difference if all they see is a lttle bit of th eback end in a mine tunnel.
Doc.

ronin_wolf

Nov 26, 2006
heh heh...that would be a riot, Doc. One of my buddies at work has a Johnny Lightnin Back to the Future die cast gift set in his cube. I can't recall what [approx] scale...

And thanks for the welcome, Shay. Glad to be here.

I used to model HO when I was a kid. Now that I'm older, I want to get back into the hobby, but I'm short on space, so I'm thinkin' N. Yeah, 2-8-2, I know exactly how you feel.

And no, I don't think you can ever have enough Shelbys, in scale or RL.

cheers.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
If you're talking about the Malibu 1:87 scale vehicles, I picked up a bunch of those from the local Wal-Mart here in Leesville over a year ago. They were available in single packs then. I see that they are available in 5 packs now, but I don't see any that I don't already have, with the exception of some 70's model vans, of which I picked up 3, a 74 Ford and 2 75 Dodges.

toolman

Mar 23, 2005
east brunswick nj
Cheap cars for scenery

I also have been to wal-mart and bought those 1/87 scale cars, wish there were more varity.
I have also been to walgreen's and bought vehicles, trucks, construction equipment, they are alittle bit larger than the 1/87, trucks and contruction equipment are bigger.
The price is cheap, they sell for about $1.00, or 2 for a dollar.
Next spring I am going to go to yard sales and look for matchbox or hot wheels mainly construction equipment.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Tool man, Wal Mart is also selling 1:87 scale construction equipment, dozer, loader, scraper, grader, articulating sprayer....ect all under the Cat brand name....under $4 a pop.

Rick

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
oldtanker said:
Tool man, Wal Mart is also selling 1:87 scale construction equipment, dozer, loader, scraper, grader, articulating sprayer....ect all under the Cat brand name....under $4 a pop.

Rick
Those are actually from Norscott. Not as detailed as thier "top of the line" collectibles you see at the LHS.....But the price is right for loading up a bunch of flatcars.