cheap and usefull

fatso

May 15, 2004
london uk
Hi i have just tried using a old printer lead for connectin the cut out of tract plan and it works a dream you use the mail and female pushed together and the other to ends give you 26 cable making 13 pairs of track cons or for lighting ect
the when you whant to pull the track flap just un plug mail female of section of track to get in and out c ost of cable second hand $3 /£6 or if your lucky you may find when clearing offices.mike

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I used that type of connector with my old 8' X 10' modular layout, so that I could detatch the entire wiring harness when it came time to move again. It was one of the best ideas I'd ever heard......and used!
Pete

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Good idea!

I go for the SCART connectors myself Mikee, the solder tags on them are big so I don't get my fingers burnt :thumb: .

They're a lot easier to connect and disconnect too.

Errol

fatso

May 15, 2004
london uk
JUST FINISHED WIRING 25 PIN SCRAT MALE/FEALE AND I NOW HAVE 24 WIRES GIVEN ME 12 PAIRS OF CABLES I MUST ADMIT IT VERY TIME CONSUMING AND HARD GOING BUT NOT SURE WHITCH ONE IS THE BETTER YET GOING TO TEST RUN LATER TO DAY AFTER SOME SLEEP ONLY OTHER THING WITH THE PRINTER CABLE ITS ALREADY PREWIRED FOR YOU TO CUT IN HALF AND AWAY YOU GO MIKE:thumb:

fatso

May 15, 2004
london uk
Cant sleep so going for test with both cables i an using the scart lead to power track 1/2 of my layout and the printer cable to run track 3/4 itarted the test some 20mins before posting the 1st 10min seems aok on all track at half speed on two seperate conrol boxes is find that i can use 16 volts going in to either cable whitch work well and indepently of allother power supply no conflict of interst this ihink will make either the printer cable or scart cable a virastile unit subject to the cable not over heat i will soon know within the next hour or so ido feel that both cable should handle the current with ease .mike

fatso

May 15, 2004
london uk
Ok been asleep for a short while woke 2 find alls well with the 2 cables no over heating or any heat that would sojest anything untowards was happing now for the big test i have 2 expensive engines allready run in the proff of the pudding make or break no running both engines at 3 quater speed will leave an 1 hour and see no need for finger x as feel very sure of my work .mike