Chat Room

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
A few of just tried out the chat room - I didn't know it existed until I read the thread under "Board Suggestions". We tossed around setting a time and day for everyone to meet, maybe having a poll to determine same, but decided (I think) if enough Gaugers started using it that we might need to get too formal.

Anyhoo, it's a pretty handy deal, if you need to talk real time it sure beats posting threads. Here's the link -------

CHAT ROOM

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Okay - I think I fixed the link (stupid computer). There's a little bit of a learning curve, but if Jon-M and I could figure it out, there's hope for anyone!

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
First hit the button at the bottom "finger" that "points out who if anyone is online.

then read to the end of the person's (if any) line there will be a "channel #" listed

at the bottom of the screen in your type line - type in /join #

where # is te channel number of the "person" that was listed above......

you should get a line that reads "you are now on channel #"

~~ have fun with it - I think every time someone logs in - they end up on a different channel... :) :)

~~ Mikey

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Floating out an idea......

Could the chat room button be added at the top of the page with "user cp, register, calendar, etc". That way, if a couple people decide they need to step outside and "chat" it's easy to hit the button.

Regards,
Ted

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi guys, let us know which chat room you want to use, then we'll add the link up top.

Regards
Dave Hagan

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by Dave Hagan
Hi guys, let us know which chat room you want to use, then we'll add the link up top.

Regards
Dave Hagan

Hi Dave,
http://the-gauge.com/cgi-sys/mchat.cgi?channel=the-gauge.com

This is a good one.

Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Enjoyed yakkin at the guys last PM, got on train chat and talked about cars :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey, when you guys get on the forum, if you are interested in chatting, open it up, then if it's an empty room, just leave it open and go back to the forum. We'll be along... 21 folks on the board last night and only 3 in chat.