Charlie's Got a Website!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Well I've finally flung myself (& my little N scale layout) onto the information highway...
It's still pretty new, but let me know what you think!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks Jimmy!
That kind of response makes it very rewarding for me.
Andy,
I wasn't sure how my home page would show up, but Jimmy's right = There's a www tab at the bottom of my post that will take you there.
I've made some progress since those pictures were made. The photography thing is still kind of new to me. But Shamus has inspired me to dive in there & give it a try. There are more pictures in the works, & I will get them online as soon as I can.
Thanks again to everyone!

Looking Good

Charlie:

Your project is looking good!:D Jessica and I are looking at buying or building our own house when we move to Tennessee next year. We are debating where to put the trains. :confused: Can't put them in the basement, they don't have them. :( She want the den to be our computer and Ham Radio room, no trains. :( So I guess it will be in my work shoppe! We'll see.;)

Andy

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Great looking site

Hi Charlie, I loved the little The Four Sisters Branch, you are making, being ex showbusiness myself the theatrical approach to lighting will enhance your photo's. Can you get some close ups of the trackwork some time.

Cheers
Shamus
waver.gif

NARA Member #24
http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Shamus!
The only photo equipment I have at the present time is an old Canon AE1 that I bought about 25 years ago. It has a 55 mm lense, & will only stop down to f16. I want to get a lense with more close-up capability, even more essential with N scale.
I also need to invest in some sort of lighting system. I've been experimenting with a hand held strobe, but haven't seen the results yet. If they're worth anything, I'll post them.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Lighting

Hi Charlie,
Why not use as I do Daylight Flourescent Tubes, you could place one 5' tube inside the valance out of sight. f16 would be okay if you can keep the Aperture open for around 3 to 4 seconds. Use the B stop with a cable attached and the camera on a tripod.

Depth of field would be fine for a small layout.

Shamus
waver.gif

NARA Member #24

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Shamus,
The light fixture I have behind the valance is a little 12" flourescent. I'm aware of the standard 48" shop lights (I've got several of those around the house), but I'm not sure what a "daylight" is... Do I need to go to a camera shop for these?
michael l,
Thanks very much!

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Your Camara talk today got me playing around with a digital .Hows this for a nice photo? Photographed in color af ew days ago and enhanced to black and white

Attachments

• end of line bw.jpg
    end of line bw.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 86

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Jimmy,
That's one hell of a nice picture, draws you into the shot.

Daylight Flourescent Tubes can be bought from most electrical stores, but I would expect you would have to have them ordered, not something thats kept on hand.

cheers
Shamus

waver.gif

NARA Member #24

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That is a great photo Jimmy!
Really like the look of the B&W. Kind of gives it a timeless feel.

Biggerhammer

Mar 22, 2001
Concord, NH 03301
Visit site
thank you for inspiration

:)
I had begun to worry about how to put model trains in my next living space, which will be small...

I had gotten so locked into HO mode that I hadn't even thought about this (obvious now) idea!

I'll post pictures on that distant day. We still have to buy and refit the Pullman before I can start on this project!

Oh, speaking of this- we're going to go visiting a lot of mid fifties Pullman coaches. Is anyone interested in pictures? If you're modelling the LIRR in the fifties, our research might help you out :)

(the pic is of one of the cars we plan to visit in a few weeks)

Attachments

• long1.jpg
    long1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 36

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Biggerhammer Hi

Last year I visited Vincent Mariner Down in East Shore, Virginia The ESHRR is a short line operating over the length of the east shore, At Cape Charles ,their most southerly siding they have two Pullmans that have been converted into holiday homes ( very well done) with all the Modcons to make them very comfortable.
contact Vincent as he is an Engineer on that line and he may be able to send you some pictures. His e-mail address is
trains@visi.net