Charles Ro Supply Company

I was planning on taking a trip over to the Charles Ro Supply Company in the near future and wondered if any people here at The Gauge have patronized his store. He claims to be "America's Largest Train Store" and I've heard good things about the guy but never met him.

Zman

I've been there a number of times, and it IS a big store. They've got lots of stuff in big scales, probably more in HO than anything, a little bit of N and no Z whatsoever. The selection is great as long as you're not looking for anything erudite.

As far as being the "biggest store", I couldn't say. Lots of train stores run ads calling themselves the "biggest store." But it's definitely the largest store in the metro Boston area - I've been to them all.

Also, check the map closely. That neighborhood has a lot of one way streets, and actually getting to the store is a bit roundabout from the main drag.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I've only visited his booth at the Big-E show. There he only has IHC, Model Power and a lot of other "toy train" stuff. Big on Bachmann Plasticville. Walthers does list him as a supplier.
Think the best thing I got from that booth was Woodland Scenics Tree kits...Can't complain......Good price!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Never heard of them until you mentioned it. Then later on I was going through some 1982 MR magazines and lo and behold, there was Charles Ro Supply Company in several full-page spreads. That says one thing, they've been around for a while anyway.

Charles Ro is big with O gauge and S gauge people. He may very well be the largest Lionel dealer. But I have no idea what he might offer in HO or N.

TR-Flyer

Hi:
A friend of mine has bought from Charles Ro for 10 years. They have been reliable and fair. My friend occasionally has to wait for several months to get all that he has ordered, but it always has eventually come. Their shipping charges are very reasonable, especially for large orders. Call to confirm they have what you want in stock if you don't want to wait. Last month he visited the store when he was in the area and bought several new Lionel accessories at a very good price.

Regard'S',
Ted