changed my mind

pupparo

Jul 12, 2001
Jensen Beach Fl USA
Visit site
After sitting here going blind from painting detail on N scale structures I think I will just buy A real railroad.
Just think of the possiblies large enough to see, endless detail, no hunting all over the internet for items you can't find. Sounds great to me and I will save my eye sight.
What are your views.
Joe:eek:

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That's one thing I like about N scale...I don't need a lot of derail parts, 'cause there's very few of 'em that my middle-aged eyes can see!:D :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I like N scale because I don't have to kick my wife out of the way. She comes in handy more times and in more ways then you can count.:D :D :D :D

And Charlie, you're right about the details, just be sure to only invite the aged or nearsighted to see your layout.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D:cool: N

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
There was a seesion at the convention called "Eyesight and the Aging Modeller".
He said that switching from N to O or G doesn't help because, while the tiny details get bigger, the tinier ones that you left off now have to be put in; e.g. the builders plate that was a blob now has to be lettered and dated!
Just rest your eyes and if you can't see it, don't model it.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by ezdays
I like N scale because I don't have to kick my wife out of the way. She comes in handy more times and in more ways then you can count.:D :D :D :D

And Charlie, you're right about the details, just be sure to only invite the aged or nearsighted to see your layout.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D:cool: N

You got that right Don!
And let's not forget...that could be turned around into - our wives don't have to kick US out!:D ;) :p :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by pupparo
Yes I will agree the wife has to stay only if I don't have to get rid of my layout.
The question here is what comes first.
Well, if the wife stays, and you definately want to stick with G scale, then I would say that what would come first will be to either move to a bigger house or rethink your choice of scale.:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Don

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
i have my wife telling me that if i add any more on to the layout she will move it out side i looked at her and said well look you have tyour water garden and we live on 4 1/2 ackers of land here is what i will do i will take one of them and turn it into my new layout i can play with from spring till fall and then in the winter i have my other one she looked at me and said that is all i want is a train running around the outside of the house. she looked at me and said now i have to put up with those little ones in the house and then a biger one out side

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I think it's a natural progression, when you are younger, N and HO, as you get a bit older , S and O, and in a few more years, G! Unless your eye site stays good, then N is where you will stay! I hope mine sticks around for a long time, I've got too much N scale stuff now to start changing scales!