cd pic displaying problem

Having nothing but problems, my wife managed to get from a friend this adoby photo cd in out computer. I took some pictures, one I want to put into this months photo contest, had them put onto a cd. I am having nothing but problem, I can not get them to come up on the program. I have entered them onto the hard drive but the program will not retrieve them from either the hard drive or cd. It keeps reverting back to sample pictures and files that are already in the program. Any one got any suggestions??
Been thinking of going out and buying a proper program, any suggestions on which program is best?? Thanks to all.
very flustrated ron...

Ron, the most powerful, popular and inexpensive graphics/photo enhancing program just has to be Paint Shop Pro (Version 7).

Also, Shamus suggested an adequate program that (I think) is a free download. Check out his posts.

Errol

Ron, which graphic format are the pics? That is: some digital cameras, when saving the pictures to the computer, do it in 'propietary' formats that some photo editing software don't recognice directly. When this occurs, sometimes it's possible to configure the camera to save the pics in another 'more' standard format. If not, you will need to convert the pics, usually using the software that cames with the camera.

They are many formats, but the most usual standard ones (for 'true color' images) are TIFF and JPG. If your pics have the extension .jpg or .tif (asuming that you are a PC user) they should to have been readed by Adobe PhotoCD without trouble (and, then the issue is another that the one I have pointed). If they don't have this extensions, maybe you need to convert they or configure the camera for save it in .jpg or .tif

BTW, as Errol have pointed, Paint Shop Pro is a very good program. I use it myself (older version 5), and I'm very happy with it. If you want to give it a try, check this link:

http://www.jasc.com/products/psp/

I hope to have been of help ;)

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by farmer ron
Having nothing but problems, my wife managed to get from a friend this adoby photo cd in out computer. I took some pictures, one I want to put into this months photo contest, had them put onto a cd. I am having nothing but problem, I can not get them to come up on the program. I have entered them onto the hard drive but the program will not retrieve them from either the hard drive or cd. It keeps reverting back to sample pictures and files that are already in the program. Any one got any suggestions??
Been thinking of going out and buying a proper program, any suggestions on which program is best?? Thanks to all.
very flustrated ron...

Okay Ron,
First off adoby photoshop saves photo's with it's own file extention, not jpg or bmp or tiff or giff. so the first thing you have to do is convert them to jpg. If you go into windows explorer and click on the file where your photo's are stored you should be able to see the name of the photo you saved it at. Double click on it and it should appear on the screen in what ever programme it was saved to. Now, go to "save as" and resave it with the file extention jpg. and all should be well to upload the photo here.
If not, let me know.
Shamus

Xaniel

I'm learning Adobe Photoshop 7.0... And I prefer this one to PSP...

PSP just has something very cool... it's zooming capabilities... But that's just my opinion....

still having problems, I managed to get them into the j peg format and onto adoby got it all sized up etc but having difficulty getting it from adoby to a spot in here. I have tried copy, paste etc, nothing seems to work. I am obviously doing something wrong, I have sat and gone through a followed instructions for the last 2 hrs and am just going around in circles. . Ron

Vic

Hi Ron, After typing your post scroll down a little further to "Attach File". Click "Browse" and locate the picture you want to attach to the post. Click on the name of the picture in the drop down box and then click "Open". You will then see the name of the picture file in the little box next to "Browse". Now click "Submit" and your post and pic should go right up.

Note: You have to enter something in the text area of the post to make it work. Also don't preview the post after entering the picture address.

My two cents...

Ron, if the program you have IS Photoshop, get something else. Photoshop is a fantastic program (my favorite) if you are familiar with advanced image editing. If not, you are going to drive yourself crazy...:p
Paint Shop is far more intuitive for the beginner. I also went and took a look at that Gimp program. It IS great! I suggest you get it no matter what you decide. It's one of the quickest and easiest I've seen. Good call, give that man a gold star!...:D

If you continue to have problems, let us know and we'll try to confuse you more than we already have...:p :D :eek: :cool:

Tom F