Catt!Scratching

C

Catt

After seeing Paul Templar's and some of the other members modeling I'm almost embarassed to show mine.

gvrday004.jpg

gvrday010.jpg

Vital stats are 160' long,45' tall,and 32' deep.

Everything but the windows on the upper floor is scratchbuilt.

There will be a lift truck and loading crew in the open doorway to the right.

shamus

Registered Member
Hey PussyCatt,
That looks quite nice, also once you get a backscene behind it, it will look fantastic. Great bit of building my friend.
Shamus (PT)

C

Catt

Thank you for the kind words Paul.The building is not quite finished yet.I need to emlarge it some more.I've allready started the addition,it will be 60'tall by 160' long and almost 80' deep.I am stripping a Walther's Geo.Robert's Printing co. of it's windows.

Drew1125

That looks great Catt!
Looks like a place that could really generate some rail traffic.
Another idea I had from looking at it, was to make that door on the end of the structure, a covered loading dock for trucks. You couild park a truck or two there, & have figures busily loading, & unloading, & have lots of boxes, drums, pallets, etc., piled all around.
Keep up the good work, & thanks for sharing those pics!
Looks like a really super layout!:cool:

C

Catt

more factory

Here are some more pix of more factory:D

pauls002a.jpg

pauls004a.jpg

pauls005a.jpg

Still not finished ,needs windows/doors, rooftop details,and signage yet.At least it's big enough to warrant that rail siding.She's a whopping N scale 354.5' long( just shy of 24" )

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Its all coming together nicely Catt. It does take time though so keep at it even though having to work gets in the way at times. The GVR has a very promising future. In the not too distant future you will be picking up and delivering the "just in time" methods to the MAT trucking factory. You may notice a cut in the original name because to make a MAT truck sounds like the old MACK trucks.

Drew1125

Hey Catt!
Lookin' better all the time!
Isn't N scale great for depicting "big time" railroading?
Can't wait to see what she looks like with all the details!

C

Catt

Me either Charlie:D One of the other members of NARA wanted me to do a How- To article on her.It's abit late for that ,but I need a lot big buildings so there will probly be one sooner or later.