Cargo ship

Anpu

Here is a cargo ship model from Scalescenes originally the model is in 1:87 but I have enlarged it to 1:64.
First the underlying structure:

IMG_3130_zpsda30e837.jpg

Almost finished pics:

IMG_3132_zpsf6110c91.jpg

IMG_3133_zps41884704.jpg

IMG_3138_zps1ca1fc9f.jpg

IMG_3134_zpsdbafe7a9.jpg

There is still some detailing and weathering to do before I am satisfied, but it was a fun build.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did a GREAT job on the ship. The little figurines are a nice added feature.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Nice model, excellent weathering and build. I love ship models. This is a beauty! :)

Anpu

Looks great, love the weathering.
I am afraid I cannot take much credit for the wearthering in the pictures, it is present on the printed model. I need to give it som finishing touches before I am satisfied with the final look though.

HaWSche

Hello Anpu,
thanks for posting the pictures. I´ve donloaded the O scale model of that ship two weeks ago but when printing the pdf, my printer went berserk and began printing red as pink and all other wrong colors. I´ve even changed all ink cartridges, but to no avail. Guess I better take the file to the local copyshop to print but they don´t allow own paper to bring with and theirs is way to thin.
Please keep posting your progress so I can follow it when I (hopefully) have a complete printout,
Greetings from Graz,
Werner

Vince

Hello Anpu,
...Guess I better take the file to the local copyshop to print but they don´t allow own paper to bring with and theirs is way to thin. ...

Maybe if you offer to pay the price of their paper they would let you substitute yours?
I went to the scenescapes site and saw this ship, does anyone know if it's based on a real ship or if it's a generalization?

Anpu

Thanks for the comments everyone!
I will have som more pics of this by the end of the month.
@HaWSche perhaps the pdf has been corrupted somehow, can you download it again or request a new one to see if that is the problem.
I will be using the ship for a miniatures game at a miniature convention at the end of this month, I'll try to get som in-game pictures if you like.

HaWSche

@ Vince: good idea, I´ll try that.
@ Anpu: the file seems ok to me, when opened with a viewer it shows all the right colors. When printing, one or 2 pages turn out fine, then suddenly the colors change wildly. Maybe the hardware manufacturer (name intentionally left out, you never know, they might sue me ... :) ) wants me to buy one of its newer printers ...