Cardstock Trebuchet

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by SCEtoAux, Jul 28, 2004.

1. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Here is a working small trebuchet (siege engine) made from cardstock. It is a well thought out model, good for chunking grapes or other small projectiles. :D
    Cardstock Trebuchet
  2. Bob Ebophalus

Bob Ebophalus Member

Looks pretty neat. I might build it someday.
  3. milhistory

milhistory Member

I built that trebuchet while teaching a military history class a few years ago and the class managed to sling a jelly-bean forty feet! It's very well designed and tough, too.

Brad
  4. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Yes, it is neat the way the trebuchet goes together. A lot of thought went into the parts design and the way they relate to each other. It makes the assembly easy and strong as has been mentioned by milhistory.

I have modified the trigger mechanism on one of the ones that I built. I did not like the string version so I made one up using paper clips. It is easier to set and fire.

I also made some out of wood using the same dimensions. They work good too.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hey all, my daughter wants to build this with me. If anyone has the download and instructions please pm me so I can get you my email addy :) His download site isnt working right now....
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hey all, my daughter wants to build this with me. If anyone has the download and instructions please pm me so I can get you my email addy :) His download site isnt working right now....
  7. goney3

goney3 Member

Yeah, this link has been busted for a long time... can anyone throw their copy into the parts bin? :)
  8. goney3

goney3 Member

Yeah, this link has been busted for a long time... can anyone throw their copy into the parts bin? :)
  9. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

That site hasn't permitted downloads for quite some time now :-( And there was no response to an email I sent either, which might have just slipped through the cracks, dunno.

Anyhow if anyone has the plans I'd like to get a copy as well.
  10. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

That site hasn't permitted downloads for quite some time now :-( And there was no response to an email I sent either, which might have just slipped through the cracks, dunno.

Anyhow if anyone has the plans I'd like to get a copy as well.
  11. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

If you are interested in this model then you might check out Sheila's site. There is an extremly nice looking trebuchet on offer, I don't know if it works but it sure does look alot better than the one mentioned at the top of this thread.
    Here is a link for you.
    http://members.home.nl/papermodels/index2.htm
  12. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

If you are interested in this model then you might check out Sheila's site. There is an extremly nice looking trebuchet on offer, I don't know if it works but it sure does look alot better than the one mentioned at the top of this thread.
    Here is a link for you.
    http://members.home.nl/papermodels/index2.htm
  13. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Would it be OK to put those plans in the parts bin or even share them?:???:
    The designer seems to have removed the download for a reason so I am not sure of the protocol regarding sharing something that the designer seems to no longer want to share. What is the general idea on this?
  14. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Would it be OK to put those plans in the parts bin or even share them?:???:
    The designer seems to have removed the download for a reason so I am not sure of the protocol regarding sharing something that the designer seems to no longer want to share. What is the general idea on this?
  15. goney3

goney3 Member

That or his hosting broke (and or forgot about)... sounds like the person is MIA if you ask me ;)
  16. goney3

goney3 Member

That or his hosting broke (and or forgot about)... sounds like the person is MIA if you ask me ;)
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I dont think I can make shelias very well with my 6 year old daughter :) this one seems more functional than nice to look at - shelias sure is nice though! I have had that one saved for a while. I might have this one at work but wont know until monday when I go back....

The treb has always been free from the creator so its probably ok to share but I wouldnt put it in the parts bin without specific go ahead from him.
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I dont think I can make shelias very well with my 6 year old daughter :) this one seems more functional than nice to look at - shelias sure is nice though! I have had that one saved for a while. I might have this one at work but wont know until monday when I go back....

The treb has always been free from the creator so its probably ok to share but I wouldnt put it in the parts bin without specific go ahead from him.
  19. Sheila Mertens

Sheila Mertens Member

Hi,

Just for clarity, my trebuchet is not meant to be a real working model, although it has moving parts. But sufficiently strengthened, it just might work. For a minute. :wink:

Regards
    Sheila
  20. Sheila Mertens

Sheila Mertens Member

Hi,

Just for clarity, my trebuchet is not meant to be a real working model, although it has moving parts. But sufficiently strengthened, it just might work. For a minute. :wink:

Regards
    Sheila