Card to Plastic mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by myrmedon, Jul 9, 2012.

1. myrmedon

myrmedon Member

Hi All...Myrmedon the newbie here. I guess Sci-Fi and Fantasy is a good place to post this. I like to use paper models and build them in plastic. I basically print the paper models out on sheet stickers and them put them on plastic sheet. Then I build the model in plastic as I would a paper model. Finally, I remove the sticker sheet from the plastic and I can detail and paint them.

Here are some examples....a Masakari Mech being built from plans I found at MW3.org

And a Battletech Thor made from a paper model found at the same site above.

I am glad I found this site and am looking forward to sharing more paper to plastic conversions.

:wave:
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

As I said in my greetings, those are some impressive models. I would love to see a complete build thread, with all the nitty gritty details. You wouldn't have to worry about putting in too much! :)

Also, it would be nice to have a link to your Blog in your signature!
  3. blaar

blaar Member

Took you long enough to rock up here ........... welcome and as per usual, great work you are doing.
  4. myrmedon

myrmedon Member

Hi BlaaR! Why am I not suprised to see you here? You know, I never knew how many paper models there are out there. With the process I use converting paper to plastic, I now have more models than I could ever possibly build!
  5. myrmedon

myrmedon Member

:thumb:

Where would be the best place to post that? Here in sci-fi?
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Yes, I think Sci-Fi would be good. Start a New Thread Though, with the name, so it will come up in the search engine. It is a good idea to do this when starting any new thread. :) I really look forward to see your technique, the end results are fantastic! :)
  7. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

Ok now he's done gone and gave me more ideas.... You can combine card models and plastic models Ding ding ding.... give that man a cigar...
    Micah
  8. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I too would like to see your process as well
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest