Card Models WIKI

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Jun 23, 2007.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Chris, sorry, I've not had time to help yet. Been caught up in bad floods around Rotherham and Sheffield, for the last 2 days. Help soon though. No power at work, so I came home to tidy up, thought I would have a look at how things are, and back to work later to help there.
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hey! Dont worry about - I dont expect ANYONE to dedicate time to the WIKI. I want people to work on it as they feel like it. I dont want it to lose the fun....
    Chris
  3. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

4. sprintx

sprintx Member

I will be very happy if the CardViki will be maked. I can make language mutations. Slovak, Czech, Poland. So, Hurry to finish it!
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

want me to sign you up as a translator? :)
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I've added a bit of content to the internet store. Please let me know if the format is OK. Countries and stores are listed in alphabetical order.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Dude! I have already added to it twice and changed some of the formatting ;) take a look at the history tab ;) Nice work to you and paperbeam for being the first contributers to the WIKI!
    Chris
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I think the base structure is good! I have an email to steve - hope he answers!

Here is a list of the wiki participants (on the wiki)
    WIKI Contributors and Job Descriptions - HobbyWiki

I welcome ANYONE to hel out. If you want to add just as you feel the desire go ahead.

If you want to be an official member of the WIKI staff add yourself to that page that I started along with whatever you feel like helping out with.

If you really want to be known as a WIKI contributer change your tag line (mine is reserves librarian) in the control panel to WIKI staff or something - whatever you want just try to say WIKI somehow. You dont have to but I think its kinda cool (in my nerdy kind of way I suppose)
    Thanks all!
    Chris
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Chris,
    I don't think regular members can just change their tag line.
    I believe that is reserved for "Staff" only.

Russell
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Really? I thought I did it pre mod but maybe not. I will have to find out! :)
    Sorry if thats the case.
    Chris
  11. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Chris,

I think we both edited at the same time on Monday night, because when I tried to save the page there was a conflict with another user. The history is a little weird because some of the edits that it says you did I actually did. Either that or we both did the same - great minds think alike.
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Heh heh, could be! all I did was add paperbeams store and make the links clickable.
    That and adding the linkbacks at the bottom :)
    Chris
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I really like how you setup the where to purchase models page. Can you do something similar for the free page (where terry put his link)? I think it would be helpful so people know where they can find download sites in their native languages. Hmmm, maybe it would be better to sort that section by language instead of region. If sites have multiple languages they could go in multiple sections on that page.

What do you think?
    Chris
  14. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I could add the languages for each of the sites on the internet store page. If we keep things at the country level, that would infer whether shipping costs were higher than someone's native country. Let me know what you think.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I defintely like having the ordering stuff by country just for that reason. I mention the free downloads section by language because most of those are purely internet downlaods and dont require shipping. I do see that some restructuring of the base outline will be needed to make it a little more intuitive. I think some of the items are irrelavant at this point too but figured it safe to leave them in just in case soemthing came up that it could be used for. Its still early in development.

Feel free to play around and make it how you like it. I trust everyones judgement. I might be the one that got it started but its defintely a group effort :D
    Chris
  16. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Will do. BTW, Is Paperbeam Canadian or US? It's in both sections.
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Oh, I kinda thought it was US but its prolly canadian since Terry put it up too I think.... feel free to fix ;)
    Chris

(isnt it a state yet?) HAH! Just kidding ;)
  18. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I made some updates to the FREE MODELS section. Still more to come.
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

coolness!
  20. sprintx

sprintx Member

OK i will be a translator