Card Models WIKI

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Jun 23, 2007.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

So, what exactly are the rules for adding on to the WIKI.

I.E. no copyright breaking, ask for other site's permission before posting links etc.
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'll do the Chinese translations for sure ^_^ I'd always wanted to see a cardmodel wiki, now we really have one, great!
  3. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi Chris!

I'd be willing to do some work (mainly research/writing/proofreading) as time permits. Just point me in the right direction...:thumb:

BTW - I added my website in the free models part but I guess there's a time delay before it uploads?

Another thing - I didn't notice a section about model photography in the categories (unless it's a sub-category I missed somewhere).:rolleyes:

Terry

N and Z scale Old West Models (free samples) at paperbeam - virtual paper models
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Terry,
    This is a pretty old list - needs lots of updating, I just have it there to play around and learn how it works. :D. Also if you edit a wiki page it should be immediate.

Nezard - Awesome! Thanks :)

Paul,
    I dont know if we are quite ready for rules yet ;) but here is some basics I think

We dont need permission to link to another site

We do need permisison to put info from another site directly into the wiki

I think that we might need a special place to discuss the WIKI. I am going to reqeust a place for WIKI posting only.....
    Chris
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Discussions on Wiki could be made inside the Wiki... Every article has a discussion area that people could discuss the contents of the article.
  6. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi Chris!

My info's in the free models section of the Wiki now - thanks.

Please let me know whatever work I can do.8)

Terry
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Oh hey, COOL! Thanks - I got a lot to learn - you better be careful or you are gonna become the go to man :)
    Chris

Terry - it was there when I looked, maybe you didnt refresh before :)
    Chris
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Upon reflection I would still like to eventually get a forum section to discuss the WIKI. Talk in the wiki does not show up as new posts so people interested in the WIKI will not know to check....

I discussed the possibility with Rick and we decided to hold off on creating a section until the posts issue is resoved so no worries there.

I have made some great strides on the wiki page (the structure anyway) please take a look and let me know what you think. Please feel free to add any content that is original or what you can get permission for. I still dont know how to get ahold of steve and I dont feel comfortable just using his content....
    Chris
  9. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Chris,

Just a thought. The organizers of the Paper Modelers convention in Virginia, Peter Ansoff and Peter Heesch, may have his email addy.

Peter Heesch should be available at hbprecisioncard@cs.com

Bob
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Just sent an email - thanks!

As an update, I added a page to teh WIKI that shows job possibilities and folks that have offered to help.

Check it out! :)
    Chris
  11. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I started adding content to the internet store section.
  12. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Hi Chris!

Have you tried this email address for Steve Brown?

cardfaq@bellsouth.net <cardfaq@bellsouth.net>

I clicked on his name and that was a dead link but you could give this a try if you haven't...:cool:

Terry

N and Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at paperbeam - virtual paper models
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yeah I did ages ago but I can try again!
    Chris
  14. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Is H&B Precision still around / in business? I ordered my models from them when I first got back into the hobby in the early 2000's, and see a few mentions of them on these forums - but don't see a website. Are they doing business just the old fashioned way (sending out catalogs and by phone) or are they gone?

/hijack
    As far as the wiki - I don't have the time to commit to putting a lot of time into it - but I'll certainly hop over there now and again and see what I can do to help with proofreading / broken links and whatever else I can do to help ;)
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

returned undeliverable.
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

If anyone adds a page to teh WIKI please make sure to include a link back to the page that you linked from. If its two levels deep include links at the bottom for the twopages higher up. Does that make sense? If not, look at the page I added for the job descriptions....
    Thanks!
    Chris
  17. goney3

goney3 Member

EDIT:
    Ah, the "wiki" is that top tab on this website... gotcha now. ;)

Oh, it looks like its running off of Media Wiki.
    You can find the formatting rules for page-breaks here:
    Help:Formatting - MediaWiki
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I believe it is mediawiki, its in this darn long thread somewhere ;) The wiki link is way at the top right then choose cardmodels. We are moving along nicely :) I just hope we can get ahold of steve somehow. Otherwise I dont know if we can use his info.....
    Chris
  19. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks man, I will check it out tomorrow - just doing a quick look now :)
    Chris