Card Models Server

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by davidka, Dec 27, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

i finally got connected with cuteftp pro. anonymous logon no user or password. Hopefully David is getting that permission letter to Rick so that we can post these to the parts bin. Otherwise maybe Dewayne can host them on his site since it was his intention before.... In the meantime keep trying - yo will get in eventually. Remember he has it set so no more than 5 people can connect at once.... (as I would too if it was my own home machine with little UP bandwidth)
    Chris
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

the ftp server still up and running? I have had zero luck connecting since I said I got connected ;)
    Chris
  3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have never gotten connected. 8v(

After getting a screen cap of available kits, I wish I could get connected.
  4. PapaBear

PapaBear Member

Did I hear someone say '...early Dassault fighters'? I'm assuming Israeli Mirage IIIs then?

Alright, Internet Explorer keeps giving me 'Connection with the server was reset' after saying 'Windows cannot access this folder'.... and yes, I can ftp through IE. So I keep trying?

:(
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I keep trying too in hopes it works! That time I got connected there were so many good models. Hopefully Davidka didnt give up after the flak he recieved. If you are out there Davidka, shoot me a pm and I can help you setup a website if you like! :)
    Chris
  6. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Well I've managed to download about 50% of the Jordanian 104, but getting a connection is hit or miss mostly. Still from what I've seen so far it's worth the trouble.

Thanks for sharing your collection with us Davidka.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I am getting a new message when attempting to connect - connection actively refused. Anyone get connected lately?
    Chris
  8. rowiac

rowiac Member

I was able to connect yesterday using "Core FTP Lite", which is a shareware ftp client. I used the anonymous login. The problem is that most of the folders and file names show up as gobbledegook characters, so I couldn't make much sense out of them. I was able to download and open a couple of the files that I tried.

As an experiment, I loaded "FireFTP", which is a freeware ftp client extension for Firefox, thinking I wouldn't have to use a separate application to go to ftp sites. It seems to have all the right features, but I couldn't get it to connect to the site for some reason.

Roger
  9. Buki

Buki Member

The server seems to be (intentionally?) falling in overhead after repeting attempts from the same IP
    look at the dialogue from commandline:
    wget -rS ftp://papermodels.no-ip.org/IAFM/*FOKK* --no-passive-ftp

Connecting to papermodels.no-ip.org|87.69.55.43|:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ...
    220-PAPER MODELS SERVER
    220 WELCOME TO THE PAPER MODELS SERVER!
    --> USER anonymous

421-THE PAPER MODEL SERVER IS IN FULL USERS CAPACITY.
    421 TRY AGAIN EVERY 10 MINUTES

The server refuses login.
    Retrying.

However, eighter when successfully logged in, there is a dramatic pause proceeding the structure:

wget -rS ftp://papermodels.no-ip.org/IAFM/*FOKK* --no-passive-ftp
    --20:52:43-- ftp://papermodels.no-ip.org/IAFM/*FOKK*
    => `papermodels.no-ip.org/IAFM/.listing'
    Resolving papermodels.no-ip.org... 87.69.55.43
    Connecting to papermodels.no-ip.org|87.69.55.43|:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ...
    220-PAPER MODELS SERVER
    220 WELCOME TO THE PAPER MODELS SERVER!
    --> USER anonymous

331 Password required for anonymous.
    --> PASS Turtle Power!

230 User USER logged in.
    --> SYST

215 UNIX Type: L8
    --> PWD

257 "/" is current directory.
    --> TYPE I

200 Type set to I.
    --> CWD /IAFM

250 CWD command successful. "/IAFM" is current directory.
    --> PORT 10,128,92,243,89,28

200 Port command successful.
    --> LIST

150 Opening data connection for directory list.

(I was rather unpatient - it lasts too long and I am lazy to perform some analysis - should I try more specific URL..., or to evoke a mirror wget -m...)
  10. Clashster

Clashster Member

I was able to get on just now, but anything I opened was only half a page - attempted downloads lead to half a page of parts and the rest black page. Gave up....

Chris
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I have had lots of luck getting in today! woo hoo! even getting a few downloaded :)
    Chris
  12. Grizz

Grizz Member

I downloaded and connected with FireFTP yesterday. Managed three partial files and haven't been able to connect since. So FireFTP works, just have to be lucky I guess to get some download bandwidth.

Grizz
  13. Grizz

Grizz Member

I managed to download the B-58 Hustler for which I am very thankful. I haven't been able to reconnect for a couple of days now to complete two other downloads.
    Has anyone else been able to download recently?
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I got on yesterday for a short while.
    Chris
  15. Grizz

Grizz Member

Thanks Chris,

I'll just be more patient.

Grizz
  16. Buki

Buki Member

Is the ftp://papermodels.no-ip.org working? On Sunday afternoon GMT gave to KGet resp. wget only some unpecific invalid response... (the same was during Saturday, but I would not ask anything to repair during Shabes... :-{)))
  17. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Please read throung the whole thread:wink:
  18. Buki

Buki Member

GT5500 my friend - can you specify, WHICH of the presented thoughts is relevant to successful connection and download? (and perhaps the details of your success ;-)

I described my troubles, as I had previously sucessfully connected and partially downloaded some data - before 01-03-2007, 09:10 PM GMT+1 (with both the Konquerror and wget). I am not based on obscure instant graphical bombastic software nor on windoze witchcraft :). For my analytical approach is relevant a dialogue in traditional FTP-commandline - and just on commandline "wget" reported unspecified difficulties - maybe null response? Auxiliary FTP-server on papermodels.no-ip.org might have some genuine limitats... I had not time for detailed logging and analysis - that is why I am asking.
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

his ftp server gets overloaded easiy (on purpose so his pc doesnt come to a screeching halt) he also turns it off when he needs his computer. I thinks its off more than its on....
    Chris
  20. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Has anyone gotten the F-105? I was only able to get the first and tenth page of parts.