Card Models Server

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by davidka, Dec 27, 2006.

1. davidka

davidka New Member

Hi to all !

I'm new here (from yesterday) and I would like to share my scanned models with you guys.

The address is:

ftp://papermodels.no-ip.org

The models that I allow to download are from the Israeli Air Force Magazine and they are designated by the latters "IAFM".
    I have a lot of other models from the biggest compannies as well, but It is forbitten to share them.

Enjoy!
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Do you have written permission from the Israeli Air Force telling you, that you can freely distribute these models?

Rick
  3. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

Bit strange that my computer says you're connecting to a server and need a password..
    I have never seen that message before..
    Btw, I'm on a Mac
  4. davidka

davidka New Member

To Rickstef:

Yes, I have a permission (written via e-mail) from the IAF magazine publishing managment team.
    I'm from Israel myself and as you might know, all the last models were designed by an israeli engineer named AMOS DOR.
    I talked to him a year ago and he said to me that as long as I have a permission from the magazine publishing managment - it's OK with him.

As I mentioned earlier, the only models that allowed to be downloaded from my server, are the IAFM models and other FREE space and structurs models that I found on the net by the years...

Good day!
    :)
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I have seen these models before. A nice collection. They seem to be freely and readily available. Shalom.
  6. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

7. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

davidka, I just tryed your link.

I get this message; "This Document contains No data"
  8. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

just because a model is offered for free on the net (yesterday or years ago) does not give someone the right to distribute it themselves. you MUST get permission from each designer(s) for models you are offering. posting links is OK. don't be surprised to see this thread disappear.....
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Nebeltex

If you look a couple of posts below (or above depending on how you list the posts), you'll note that had already been addressed.

To quote:

Yes, I have a permission (written via e-mail) from the IAF magazine publishing managment team.
    I'm from Israel myself and as you might know, all the last models were designed by an israeli engineer named AMOS DOR.
    I talked to him a year ago and he said to me that as long as I have a permission from the magazine publishing managment - it's OK with him.

Rick Steffers and I both agree that his server isn't breaking any law based on the above information. Now if we can only get it to work 8v)
  10. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Cliff, i do agree with you, Davidka needs permission from the designers of the free kits for redistribution

There is something funky going on with that server, I can't get into that server, using all my tricks that i know

Rick
  11. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

It's an FTP server, meaning that you have to have a fast connection, and open the link ina new tab (in Firefox)m or in a new window (in IE) to let it process the FTP properly.
    Sometimes you won't use your BACK button to see previous page, so use TWO time the back (click it fast twice).
    And sometimes, you just won't see anything; if this happens, try again later.
  12. gwssms

gwssms Member

I finally got in this morning by using right click, open in new window in IE. VERRRY SLOWWWW SERVERRRR.
    Gary
  13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

i got in using alftp, had to switch off the anonymous log in

Rick
  14. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Anyone know how access it using ftp via the Windows cmd? I don't know how to bypass the user/password prompts.
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I used CoffeeCup Free FTP.
  16. davidka

davidka New Member

Problems to get into the server

Hi Rick!

The word "server" sounds big, when actually it's only my PC running a FTP server program, so the speed is not the strong element here.
    I limited the amount of users that can login simultaneously to 5.
    a greater number will cause a major overload on the system and nobody will be able to download anything...
    I Hope that you will be able to gain access soon..

Have a great day!
  17. Zathros

Zathros Guest

@davidka, I think it is really nice of you to hosts these models. I would be afraid to open my computer up. I have downloaded 4 models that I found interesting. Maybe if people downloaded just what they wanted instead of the whole collection it would open things up. In any event, thank you for sharing your collection. Very Cool.
  18. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Davidka, (and Rick) Do you think the permission you have would allow your IAFM files to be posted here in the parts bin, or on someone else's page that would allow easier access?

Scott K.
  19. rickstef

rickstef Guest

if the IAF publishing company has no problems with the new arrangement, then I have no problems with it.

but David would need permission from that company, and he would need to forward that on to me in order for Cardmodels.net to host the files

Rick
  20. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

What I find odd is the site address. "ftp://papermodels.no-ip.org/" Typically in my travels when we used to add the no-ip part. the ip would get masked a generic one was then replaced to cover it up. And it was used to "HACK" systems. I'm not saying that's what's going on here but I find it odd none the less. I'm not trying this link till I get confirmaton that someone else has or has checked it out thoroughly. I would but I'm doing about 20 differnet things right now and posting intermitently between them.

I also agree on the copyright infringment. You really should have links to the sites they are on. And have permission form the original designers of the others that site might be down or gone. Just shows respect for the designers is all. That way others can go to there sites and see what new stuff is available. Really that is the best reason for it. Just as an example I have several models I didn't know where came from or who designed them. But where made so well I just needed to find out if they had some new works. Found the link for the site from a posting on here and now have some other models I didn't even know anyone had made.