Card Modelling with Wings 3D Tutorial Q&A

Selezen

Would anyone here be interested in a tutorial on card model making in Wings3D?

I have been using it for a good few years now, and although it's maybe not the best tool, it's certainly a good free option.

I had a look through the forum for anything on Wings3D before posting this and could only find a comment from 2004 about it.

Selezen

Right, I'll get on it, although that wasn't an aspect of the process I was expecting.

I could summarise that with the following:

Find a good reference image and crop it so that the edges of the object are at the edges of the image.

In Wings, right click and select ImagePlane, then select your image.

The plane will be created with the face visible on the X axis. Press "X" on the keyboard to show the image.

Select the "Orthogonal" display mode to make things easier to see (up to you, this bit).

Select the Object selection mode then select the ImagePlane.

Right click on the ImagePlane and select Absolute Commands, then enlarge the image to the size you want.

You can optionally move or rotate the image plane to whatever axis you are working on. The instructions here are for a side view (x plane).

I'll get on the more detailed tutorial soon.

Z

Zathros

Selezen, I worked with Wings back when it started but then moved onto Rhino3D 2.0 now using Rhino3D 4.0. I thought this program had great potential and apparently it has come a long way. If you want to do a thread with Q &A's about Wings 3D and a separate thread doing a tutorial, that might help you stay on track. Do a project and have people only ask questions in relation to that project, and the the Q&A thread for general questions. This could be the Q&A thread and the Project thread could be stared with a note stating that "questions for this project only should be posted here", and have a link back to it. What do you think? :)

Selezen

I think it is good. I will PM you and await the fruits of your knowledge.

This topic is currently on hold. We value your custom.