car help

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by WESTSIDERIDER310, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

If you are serious into racing every edge helps. Especially a brand new engine. It is not uncommon to see racers brake in an engine by revving it up to the upper RPM bands. Then replace the crankshaft and connecting rod. But usually those are sponsored racers and they get their parts for free. So if rsocmax is a serious racer and has the money its exactly right to rebuild after each race.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

dude,no one does that.they used to do that with full size Pro stock drag racing motors where it is a 6 sec.race.they dont even do that anymore most of them inspect the chambers with tiny cameras.he is talking about turismo style racing.no one in there right mind would rebuild after every run.
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

Does your throttle rod have a spring on it to compress when you apply the brakes? If not, then you need to install one, that way in won't bend over the throttle lever on the carb. You first need to set your radio throttle adj. in the middle, then set the linkage so that the carb is closed. Make sure linkage and radio work the throttle as they are supose to then start the engine to adjust idle so that when you apply the brake the engine doesn't stall. Then adj. your brake linkage to your liking. Then you can use the adj. on the radio to set brake drag or turn it up for warm up.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

wrong.first raise the idle on the carb so it doesnt stall when you hit the break.then adjust the linkage.
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Oh now your telling him to raise the idle..........LMAO
  6. dudex

dudex Member

Timrock you are fuc*in idiot. Three posts ago you went off on rock for saying it was his idle. then I go through it step by step so he can fix his problem and you realize how stupid you are and decide you better post something with a little intelligence and say it was his idle. you are an idiot. to anyone who doubts my nitro knowledge, I would like to say I have been working in a hooby shop for 3 years and have have nitro cars for 2 and half.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

wrong dudex.i didnt go off on anyone.i just said that he is wrong about alot of #@$% so i woudnt take advice from him.i didnt even read what rock82/dudex wrote.also i said from the begining about the throttle ATV and the idle on the carb.wich you know nothing about.and everyone knows dudex is rockn82.
    just so you know
  8. dudex

dudex Member

dont take any advice from that guy.it has nothing to do with the idle.it is the linkage without a dout.

That is exactly what you posted, So dont try to say you said it was the idle from the beginning. As for adjusting idles I do it probably once a week for people who come into the shop. So as someone who has never owned a nitro car I would stop trying to give advice on things you know nothing about.

And have you read the website with the HP eqaution?
    Heres a new one thats a little easier to understand
    http://howstuffworks.lycoszone.com/question622.htm
  9. mxking171

mxking171 Member

hey man theres an easy solution to all of this: who needs a brake takew it out man! haha jj sounds like the linkadge to me cause i had the same problem on my savage im not trying to take sides but thats wat i think i might be wrong but that is my opinion and to fix it buy a shorter throttle linkage.that wat i would do and if not im srry.
  10. dudex

dudex Member

Westside, did you fix the problem and if so how did you fix it? just curious
  11. WESTSIDERIDER310

WESTSIDERIDER310 Member

Yea basically all i did was set the idle screw, that way it doesn't close all the way. i also add a spring on the linkage on the throttle, that way it gives when i hit the brake. And i adjusted my linkage/brake, that way it doesn't drag. I pretty much used everyones advice, and took a little from everybody. Thanks guys, i hope it wasn't much trouble, i mean i don't want you guy's fighting over my problems. So basically everyone was right.
  12. dudex

dudex Member

I have to say though that tim said it had nothing to do with the idle, and tim dont try ad say you didnt post that because its its right here in this thread. So basically tim youre an idiot.
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

well i was sure i was right.and know i am.the only thing i dont uderstand is what you mean by you added a spring to the linkage.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

also dudex says i said `nothing to do with the idle` i didnt say that.whats this guys problem?i dont know,i will now begin to ignore this retard.
  15. mastmec

mastmec Member

The throttle/brake servo, you put a spring on the throttle rod so that when you brake, the servo pushes against the spring and not the arm on the carb. This gives you much more room for braking adjustments and doesn't bend the carb arm.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

i would have to look at it.i cant imagine a spring having any function if the break and throttle are controled by one servo.
  17. mastmec

mastmec Member

Look here.

[file]P2010002.jpg,4517,,0[/file]
  18. dudex

dudex Member

tim you are such an idiot.

dont take any advice from that guy.it has nothing to do with the idle.it is the linkage without a dout

that is exactly what you posted. How can you deny it. Its right here in this thread!!!! At least your other BS we had no way of proving, but now youre just blatantly lying.
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

that looks like a jury rig.i think i could figure out a way to eliminate them springs.then the reciever pack would have more run time.

that looks realy stupid with the springs on it.the servos have potentionometers in them.you shouldnt have to rely on simple spring tension.

im sorry but that linkage looks really stupid to me.but then again.10 years ago i said that brushed electric motors are stupid.and that the magnets should be on the shaft instead of the can.but i still use them to this day.

i had people telling me it couldnt be done other wise it would have already been done.then five years later i see brushless motor on the market and i got very angre and wished i had put a patend on my idea.

after seeing this pic which is probably a bs linkage,it makes me think;i should get into nitro and design better than the guy who designed that stupid crap.
  20. mastmec

mastmec Member

timrock, do you know anything, have you ever even seen a real R/C up close? You act like the biggest idiot I have ever ran across. I guess we should all believe you thought up the brushless motor several years ago even though you can't understand a simple mechanical clutch. So I'm sure you know all about Kv's, Kt's, cogging, and LRA, and all the technolgy to control this little motor. You know it will take a little more thought than your custom speed control for your super rustler, which is just a simple switch that the servo pushes against. I mean you can't even spell most of the words you type in here. Tell you what, get you a nitro car, then when you can't get it even started, you come back, we'll help you out. You might want to think about a RTR first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.