Car Exchange

fifer

I was reading a post on another group and came across a post about modelers exchanging private road cars.
Maybe this has been brought up here but I've not seen it.
I have exchanged cars in HO when I belonged to a modular group but never thought about it on line.
Any thoughts or ideas on how to implement?
:rolleyes: :) :)
Mike

CSX6638

There is a Buy / Sell forum on the Gauge, I have seen items listed there for trade, maybe this is what you are looking for.

fifer

Trades

No ,I am looking for a friendly exchange of private road cars as you would with passes. Like for like or something .
I have my road decals and can make up almost any car.
I assume by trading they mean atsf for up stuff and the like.
Thanks , Mike

Tyson Rayles

Some time ago Charlie and I exchanged cars. We are both in N-scale. His is a urban/industrial branch in Kentucky, mine a rural branch line in N.C. I sent him a 40 ft. boxcar that in theory was full of pallets from a pallet co. on my layout. He sent me a tank car full of adhesives for my furniture factory. Problem was that @%$^* tank car was full of Kentucky Burbon and now all the LBP's at the furniture factory stay drunk all the time! :D I'll exchange if there is something on your rails I can use on my rails and vice-versa. :wave:

Arlaghan

This sounds like a good way to promote camaraderie amoung gaugers - which I'm always trying to support. :)

I need to come up with a private road now... hmmm. :confused:

fifer

Roller Bearing

Hey Cinnibar , I am all roller bearing more in the 60's and 70's,
How about you?
Mike

C

Catt

This something I've done with a few other members of NARA.

Maybe we could talk to Dave about setting up a car exchange on the Gauge.

Question though,would you concider going out of era to exchange cars in your private roadname?

In other words say you model in the 50s I model in the year 2004,would you extend your timeline to 2004 if I were willing to do a 50s car?

Cinnibar

Arch Bars?

Fifer,

The A & T is ALL steam 1920's, but Catt has a good idea. I think I have a "modern" car or two laying around and I could letter it for the "future" A & T. Might be fun!:)

fifer

Era's

Any era is fine with me I have not lettered any cars yet.
I had my own decals made in HO but some are small enough for n scale , i need to get data decals in N.
It would de good to set up a place to exchange in here, people could post when they have some cars ready and what era's then when someone else is ready they could contact each other and off you go.
We could even post pics there of the cars and types willing to exchange.
I am a moderator in another group and have no power here so it would need to be arranged by Dave or someone.
Thanks , Mike