Canyon Mt. N-gineers Photos (I hope)

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by upguy, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Really looking great upguy. I wish those two helpers who appeared there would move to Missouri and volunteer to come and help me out. What I really need is someone to get me jump started again. Have done absolutely nothing for over three months now. Shame on me!!

I realy like what you are doing. Please keep the pix coming from time to time!

Bob
  2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Upguy,
    That looks like big time railroading you've got going there! I'm looking forward to more updates in the future. Youve got a good hand shaping the styrofoam. Nice contours for the hills!
    Ralph
  3. upguy

upguy Oregon Western Lines, CEO

4. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Hi upguy,

Looking good. Man what a space!
  5. upguy

Here's a picture of what is going to be Pendleton, Oregon on the far side of the bridge and Rieth, Oregon, on the near side of the bridge (over the Umatilla River). The ADM grain elevator should actually have a different name, but it is not in its final resting place yet. Several other industrial sidings will be installed in the foreground as work progresses.

Attached Files:

6. upguy

One more quickie picture of the same area taken a little closer. I may have some more pictures tomorrow night after the evening work session.

Attached Files:

7. upguy

Here is a closer shot of the bridge which has been made by shortening two Kato Unitrack bridges. This will be the Umatilla River crossing between Pendleton and Rieth, Oregon.

Attached Files:

8. upguy

Gosh, it has been almost a year and one-half since I posted to this thread. The main reason for that is probably because I have been distracted by other things. The main distraction has been the forming of a club as more individuals have become involved in the layout building. Some have started their own layouts, and most have decided that they want to build modules that we can hook together for a larger display that is portable.

With those ideas in mind we began work on modules and began to formulate plans for a Train Fair to be held in John Day, Oregon, on September 4, 2004. As a result of the new direction, the work on the main layout stagnated; and virtually nothing has been done on it since January, 2004.

This is a picture of the layout room taken January 12, 2004, about the time of the work stoppage. This picture shows the penincula that will have the Blue Mountain summit on the top level and the UP mainline near the Snake River on the lower level. La Grande is on the portion of the layout just behind the photographer.

Attached Files:

9. upguy

This photo shows the reverse angle of the previous one. You are looking back toward the La Grande yard and the other end of the layout room. The highest point on the layout will be in the foreground; however, none of the risers have been installed yet.

Attached Files: