Cant you speed this forum up?

ratjag

Jan 13, 2006
uk
I've been away so only just found this thread, i agree with hooknlad-- a BIG thanks to all who keep this site running.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

BTW Access to site for me is like trucklover, sometimes fast,sometimes slow.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Thanks for the Gauge and I think it is a great forum but, the slowness keeps me from posting here. Takes for ever. Somtimes I type several words before they actually appear. Now on speed of service. I am running Road Runner and their best modem [just been upgraded]. Other forums go fine. So, do the math George W. I really think the popularity has over stressed the server. That is really agood thing. Shows the folks like the forum.

pennman

Jul 2, 2006
clarksville, tn
I think the gauge is great place. I will however admitt it does run slow at times. Maybe there is away to archive the older posts and pics so as not to take up as much rom on the server but still alow us to look it up? Dont really know I'm not a computer geek, just a train NUT..
Tony

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
...."But back to your offer, we appreciate it but as of now, Peter seems to have everything well in hand. It's members like you that make our jobs worthwhile. Mikey, myself and all the moderators volunteer our time because this is the best train forum on the planet, and I've said it before, I get more out of this than I can ever give back.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
".......

I spoke via PM yesterday and he was glad to take my modest donation.

It is in the mail.