cant find a forum thread

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
does anyone know where the thread is where it shows a guy with his layout going along, he used pink foam and put paper towels n stuff on top and created hills/tunnels ? it shows it in some picture and stuff. Does anyone know what im talking about? It showed a picture of the hills after he put plaster on top and what not...

UKSteam

Dec 22, 2006
Was it the one where his 14 y.o son created a really marvellous looking hill ? Then he ripped some of the layout up to start again ? If it was I think I read read it last night going through some of the earlier threads. I'll see if i can go back through the one's I visited and pick it out. Shame it doesn't highlight threads you've visited here in the past, that would make it easier.
Watch this space :)

UKSteam

Dec 22, 2006
Try this one
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=18618&highlight=hill+son
Hope this is what you were talking about. I found it by doing an advanced search with the keywords , plaster/paint/ brush and also son / hill/ layout. It returned some other great layout threads you might want to look through for tips as well. A lot of those did have people at various stages with foam and plaster combos being used.

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
im sorry but no that isnt it, there is a few pictures where there are some 2x4 loking pieces of foam ontop of each other, then eventually he puts plaster over them, and puts houses ontop on the picture..

UKSteam

Dec 22, 2006
Ah sorry that wasn't it prodigy2k7 :( Try doing those advanced searches though, they do come up with some pretty interesting ways of creating the effect you want, maybe it will return in that list.

gecko3s

Dec 12, 2006
No problem...I've been reading that one and his others a lot lately-- great info in there.