canon's bald eagle

Joe York

Sep 7, 2006
at 65% sitting on Yoshikazu Fujioka's rainbow trout at 55% sitting on the base that came with the model at 100%.
The wingspan is about 25 inches.
The head is 28 lb paper.
the internal supports are 110 lb cardstock.
The rest is 67 lb cardstock.
Nice model.

Attachments

• eagle with fish.jpg
    eagle with fish.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 52

Joe York

Sep 7, 2006
When the model first came out I started to print

it out at full size using the best print function and it was sucking up all kind of ink so I put it away. A coupla weeks ago I decided to try again and reduced the size and printed it out in normal quality and it didn't use that much ink. Then I sprayed with two coats of future floor wax and that helped bring the color out.

Joe York

Sep 7, 2006
thanks Peter

it was from one of your post that I first read of using Future wax.
I've been using it ever since and it works great
Joe

gian7675

May 17, 2007
Cebu City, Philippines
Just wondering...just what is the percentage one has to enlarge on the original to make this 1:1? :p

I like the idea of a 1:1 bald Eagle guarding my room :mrgreen: sign1

metoo's build, joe yourk's and...and...and the other member that has his canon Bald eagle sitting on top of a golden stand with red orb on it that wants me to do this in the future :cool:

P

paulhbell

Life size build, wow, that would be over 5ft wingspan. I would love to see it built.

metoo

Sep 15, 2007
Very nice build. I really like the way you have it catching a fish.
I have never heard of spray future wax or using it on card models. Do you spray after it is built or before? Does it work better than a spray sealer like krylon?

gian7675, to make this 1:1 scale you would have to enlarge to 200%. According to the instruction sheet the model is approximately 1/2 the size of the real thing. Having lived with bald eagles for well over 20 years, this is still a smaller adult eagle. A 5 foot wing span is a large golden eagle but most bald eagles that I lived around had closer to 6 foot or slightly more wing spans.
Anyway you look at it a a full size eagle model would be fantastic.

Kathie

gian7675

May 17, 2007
Cebu City, Philippines
gian7675, to make this 1:1 scale you would have to enlarge to 200%. According to the instruction sheet the model is approximately 1/2 the size of the real thing. Having lived with bald eagles for well over 20 years, this is still a smaller adult eagle. A 5 foot wing span is a large golden eagle but most bald eagles that I lived around had closer to 6 foot or slightly more wing spans.
Anyway you look at it a a full size eagle model would be fantastic.

Kathie
Enlarge it to 200% eh?...Hmmm...I'll take note of that. I'm still in the dark ages here because I don't have my very own printer yet. I'm at the mercy of the "Computer print/copy" shop at our local mall :curse:

Once I'll have my own printer...it'll be marvelous! :mrgreen:

Thanks kathie for the reply! :wave:

Joe York

Sep 7, 2006
Metoo, I spray the future wax on after I'm finshed. It tends to bring out the colors and protects the model from moisture. I have never used the other sealers you mentioned. You'll need and airbrush for the spraying.I'm watching your builds with intrest.
Joe