Canon dachsund

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by subnuke, Sep 17, 2012.

1. subnuke

subnuke Moderator Intelligence Extraordinaire Moderator

I have finally posted my first completed build of something other than a simple building. This thing was a challenge for me. My rat terrier was growling at this thing during the photo shoot. That surprised me because her boyfriend is a dachsund. Guess it just didn't smell right to her or she wasn't impressed that it was standing next to one of her cookies.

Lessons learned:

Use the lightest cardstock you can get away with
    Bic markers bleed, need to find a better coloring method
    Use a variety of glues for the joint

[​IMG]

Ken
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Your Dachsund is awesome! My dog would so attack that, then eat it fast! My dog is nuts though, half Corgi, half Piranha! :)
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

You did a good job on the model. It looks great.

As for colouring the edges, I would suggest using water colour paints and a very light brush when painting.

Good luck with it. I am looking forward to seeing your next project.
  4. subnuke

subnuke Moderator Intelligence Extraordinaire Moderator

I have been avoiding trying paint but I have reached the point of seeing that is the best way. I have a collection of craft paints because I scratchbuild in wood but I think I need to get a small acrylic artist set. Am I correct in assuming that any small cheap artist acrylic set has paint that will work well?

Ken
  5. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

There are some people that do use acrylic paint. I (personally) use jsut simple water colours, that you can get at any craft shop or any other palce that sells school supplies.