Canon 1Ds MarkII

George B

May 29, 2007
Florida
Hey guys,

I thought I'd take a break from building space related stuff and try something completely different.

Being that I'm a commercial photographer, I was intrigued by this model. It's 1:1 replica of a Canon 1Ds Mark II.

1dsmkii_papercraft4.jpg

Also, I'd like to add this amazing EF300mm F2.8L IS USM lens to complete the display.

ef300.jpg

Well, I started work on the body and it's turning out to be a real challenge, but work is progressing.

Regards,
George

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 55
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 44
C

cgutzmer

Super cool! Really looking forward to this one - it has been on my radar :)
Chris

George B

May 29, 2007
Florida
I noticed there are no lens hoods included with any of the lenses. Well have no fear, you can d/l printable lens hoods for a variety of different lens here

Regards,
George

George B

May 29, 2007
Florida
Lens Work

I've been building the lens and body simultaneously. Here's the completed tripod collar next to my real 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM.

It's going to be big when complete! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• tripod collar.jpg
    tripod collar.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 46

George B

May 29, 2007
Florida
LCD's

To simulate the glass surface of the LCD's, I applied clear tape over the part to give it that "glass" look.

George

Attachments

• back lcds.jpg
    back lcds.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 55
  • lcd.jpg
    lcd.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 39

George B

May 29, 2007
Florida

These last few evenings I've been working on the top to the camera (one side left to go).
It's amazing how many small individual parts make this one piece. A piece with so many compound curves. In the end it all comes together.

Final shaping still needs to be done before it's glued in place.

And in the background the lens is taking shape one ring at a time.

Regards,
George

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 45

Sep 19, 2008
励成科技发展有限公司

励成科技发展有限公司专业开发、生产、销售智能换画灯箱/系统及管状电机等系列产品。公司换画灯箱在整个产品研发、生产过程中全面推行高质量管理体系,滚动灯箱产品均按照高技术智能控制系统化、开模注塑配件模具化、部件加工组装精细化来不断的加强提高产品的质量和生产,滚动灯箱为了满足市场多样化需求,我们不断的进行产品创新,研发、制造出适应不同客户的需求及满足客户长期、稳定的要求。并大力加强售后服务的规范,滚动灯箱让每个客户全无后顾之忧。