"Canadian Railway Modeller" magazine

riverotter

Midwest Alliance Rail Sys
If you subscribe to this magazine or even just pick up the occasional copy, I'd like to solicit your opinions before I decide whether to order back issues or subscribe. Post to this thread, PM or email -- all comments and opinions are appreciated.

Pooh Bah
I have subscribed almost from the beginning.
If you are modelling Canadian railways, it's on of the essential magazines.
The quality of the articles is variable (smaller author base than MR). Thee are really good articles on some topics (modelling The Canadian a few years ago) and a few that are in the "I made something that looks a bit like it" section.
I wouldn't buy it for modelling techniques alone -- it needs a supplement -- but it has more Canadian content in one issue than a year of MR or RMC.

RobertInOntario

I always like this. I like the Cdn. layouts as well as the current and heritage RR news -- I really find the latter interesting. I would also agree with 60103's comments as well. MR has great step-by-step / how-to articles, whereas you'd get CRM more for the mainly Cdn focus. R.

Biased turkey

If you subscribe to this magazine or even just pick up the occasional copy, I'd like to solicit your opinions before I decide whether to order back issues or subscribe. Post to this thread, PM or email -- all comments and opinions are appreciated.
Nice information here riverotter.
As a CP, CN , GT, TH&B and D&H I was unaware of that magazine.
I think I'll subscribe.

Jacques

cntown

When I first got into modelrailroading this was the magazine that they said would be the one to have all the information on Canadian Roads,and the information on suppliers for CN/CP.Some editions of MRR might have a paragraph in their whole magazine on modelling Canadian Roads if youre lucky.For even more proto modelling on CN/CP look also at the CN SIG /CP LINES magazines these are full of information(Engines,Freight Cars,Cabooses,and Passenger Cars).CMR is worth the cost of subscription.