Canadian modeller - Alder - to close?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Just got back from a quick visit to one of the local shops (Vintage Hobbies) and the owner there said that Alder Models (from up the Ottawa Valley) is closing.

They make some excellent white metal detail parts - including switch stands that I have recommended to some of you - and resin building kits.

Anyway, can anyone confirm this? Their web site is not up right now. If true, you might see what you local shop has left on the shelves...

Andrew

spitfire

Always planned to order some of their excellent-looking kits. Perhaps now it's too late. :cry: :cry: :cry:

As you mentioned Andrew, their site is down. The last time I was there (about a week ago) there was a notice stating that the business was for sale. Let's hope they found a buyer and will be back soon.

Val

Will_annand

According to one of the members of CARM, the remaining stock was purchased by "The Credit Valley Railway Company", a retail outlet in Streetsville.

Get it now if you want it.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Thanks for the info. I always wanted one of the "Al's Garage" service stations with the big ol' gravity feed pumps. As Val noted, it may be too late.

Interesting to know that the stock is at Credit Valley. I also sent an email to Brian at Hamilton Model Works to give him a heads up about the possibility of the moulds being for sale. From his reply, it sounds like he may be interested, but who knows? THe kits were very good quality, and made up really nicely. Hopefully they will continue to be available.

Andrew