Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
I picked this up from the Hartford paper by way of my Yahoo News link:

From the Hartford Courant

Station Fans Launch Restoration Drive
Mon Jul 22, 8:43 AM ET

By WILLIAM SCHUBERT

When youths set fire to the historic Union Station in October, they destroyed half the landmark building and the restaurant and other businesses inside. What wasn't destroyed was the hope to rebuild.

On Sunday, during the town's annual Railroad Days celebration, about 75 people gathered at the site to launch a fund-raising campaign to restore the building. Lori Keilty, co-owner of a popular restaurant destroyed by the fire, was one of them.

'We're just hoping something big comes out of this,' Keilty said. 'This place meant so much to everyone in town. People still come here every day and stare at what's not here.

Full story at http://ctnow.com/

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
I realy don't know what to say. I'm lost for words, to see a national land mark of any kind destroyed by arsonist or just kids haveing a joke realy upsets me off.

I hope they get the funding they need to rebuild it but more important I hope they can rebuild it to somewhat of the original building even if it is just the front and the foyer.

This reminds me of the kids that were out smoking dope and desided to seperate the track on an Amtrak main line. I know that the Engineer was killed but I don't know if anyone else was killed. and I can't remember what happened to the kids.

Its just plain sad