Can you believe what my wife said today???

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
No, it wasn't that I spent more time with my trains than I do with her.

We were wondering what to do today, and she said, "Why don't we go to your train shop in Spencer today. I'd love to see it".

jawdrop
So we drove to The Little Choo Choo Shop and spent about 45 minutes looking around. I think she now knows why I can make a day trip out of it. She enjoyed looking around, and even suggested Little People that need to go on my layout.

And I knew I married the right woman. . . . . . . . . . . . .

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
ha. That's kinda how I felt when the wife said "Why don't you put it in the dining room?" when looking for a spot to put this:

IMG_9772.jpg

I was all "really? You're kidding, right? The dining room? really??". hehe.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Chris - don't tell me you went to TLCCS and only looked??? :thumb: That's a good wife though if she'll put up with a guy on the hunt sniffing out good deals and needed supplies.

Shaun - That's a nice UP diesel and stack set you've got there!

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
Herc Driver said:
Chris - don't tell me you went to TLCCS and only looked??? :thumb: That's a good wife though if she'll put up with a guy on the hunt sniffing out good deals and needed supplies.

Shaun - That's a nice UP diesel and stack set you've got there!

Herc,

The wife is also the CFO; there is no way that I'm ever going to let her know just how much I support TLCCS. I'll be going back again later this week to pick up what I wanted :D

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
She may have just wanted to make sure that it actually existed and you weren't spending all those hours at a shady dive bar...

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
jetrock said:
She may have just wanted to make sure that it actually existed and you weren't spending all those hours at a shady dive bar...

Perhaps but now's the time to infect her with the train bug!sign1

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
91rioja said:
I'm trying to. She is a very artistic type, so I'm trying to get her help me model and paint.

That's half the battle! Way to go!:thumb: sign1

My wife's the same way and it didn't take much for her to get into the models. She can't wait until our new hobby room is built! We will be putting the set in there as a test(;) ) track for the various scenery ideas that I want to try (that's her idea). Our current hobby room has been deemed too small (I just got it finished two months ago) so we are moving it to the rear bedroom for better space. The current one will be used as a place for the pup to go when we are not at home.

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
MadModeler said:
She can't wait until our new hobby room is built!. . .Our current hobby room has been deemed too small.

And I thought I was the lucky one. I wish my wife would deem my hobby room too small. I already know it is.

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
91rioja said:
And I thought I was the lucky one. I wish my wife would deem my hobby room too small. I already know it is.

Give her time. When successfully infected with the train bug she will see the hobby room as being too small. We are wishing you much luck 91rioja! :D

Oh and I was checking out your gallery. Great pics!:thumb:

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
Herc Driver said:
sign1 sign1 sign1

Man those CFO types are tough to outsmart - a recon trip with a follow up mission in mind is always a good plan.

Herc, that was what I did yesterday; I WENT BACK!!!!!! Spent over an hour, came back with 8 structures and new rolling stock. I love that place!

MadModeler, thanks for looking at the pics. Glad you enjoyed.

holdenburg

Dec 29, 2006
Florida
www.nettechonline.net
91rioja said:
"Why don't we go to your train shop in Spencer today. I'd love to see it".

And I knew I married the right woman. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sounds like a KEEP-HER! sign1

I married a 2nd time and have not looked back. Just the other day, she came up to me and was worried about spending $3.00 on a trinket. I told her at the price of $3.00, I would buy her 20!

H.

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Chris
I just found this thread........all I can say is:
That's NOT what MY wife would say!!!!!!!!!
"Snookums" says I have to get off the computer now.....NOW!!!!!!!
goodbye
(help me!...sombody please hel..........................................................................................

holdenburg

Dec 29, 2006
Florida
www.nettechonline.net
Nazgul said:
Chris
goodbye
(help me!...sombody please hel..........................................................................................

This reminded me of my friend and his wife who came down from up north. He said they only had one fight in 5 days. The fight lasted 5 days, but only one fight...! :)

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
Nazgul said:
Chris
goodbye

Speaking of Snookums, I'm still trying to find a good picture of my wife for you. I can't seem to find anything she would consider worthy of posting.