Can You Artists Out There Help Me?

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
I'm in the process of scratchbuilding a bar for my layout, and I'm not good enough to create a good-looking sign. I did come up with an idea, though.

Can anyone improve on this?:)

Attachments

• gallaghers3.jpg
    gallaghers3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 223

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
One thing I can think of is - depending on the size of actual size - the thin lines of the cloverleaf might make it hard to see. Also the letters appear to be a light green, maybe using white would provide a better contrast, and the braid also is hard to see since it appears to be a dark green. The braid might be a little too "fancy" in real life, as well.

You should be able to find a useful cloverleaf image on the net somewhere. Try a search for "4H" and remove the "H"'s??
But overall, I like it.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Clip Art

Hi Steve,

You can probably find what you are looking for from Micro$oft's clip art downloads. Try searching for "borders" for the braid.

The only drawback is that you will need to use M$ products to manipulate the download.

Let me know how it goes...!

Andrew

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Steve, That's a very nice sign you designed. It should look good on the bar. I know there are probably thousands of different signs you could use but yours should do fine.

sapacif

Jun 3, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
Steve:

I like jmarksbery's sign the best. My idea would be to make the name and the shamrock dominate. Then, add those other details. I made a sign that had a lot of neat slogans, times, etc on it. I felt that the impact of the sign was lost in the detail. You had to stop and read it. If your sign said "Ghallager's" or "Ghallagher's Pub" in big letters, all the other information could be determined while you were in the bar having a cool one!

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Oy, I was thinkin' to meself, I says, "Self, you spent three St. Patty's weekends workin' in a hotel, cleanin' up after the Irish Fire Brigade come down from Philly to spend a weekend at the beach, drinkin' green Guiness and stuffin' corned beef and cabbage down the commode. Now you sees this here sign and you're thinkin', 'Send the fireman to the new pub up the street and let them clean up after them.' ". Nice work guys and a great handle on the Gaelic there, Lighthorseman. When you open up, let me know and I'll send the Irish Fire Brigade your way. Don't worry, I'll send a plunger too.:D