Can someone please help draw ....

Hello everyone, is there anyone out there that could maybe draw my benchwork to scale so i can attempt to design a track plan? I drew a rough sketch of the benchwork in MS paint with all the measurements, but i need a scale drawing of it so i can use my track planning templates to design. Also, i have 3rd Planit software, so if anyone out there uses this software to plan their layouts and could design my benchwork with it, i could open it with my software and work on it. I know this is asking a bunch, but i cant draw to scaleand i dont know enough about 3rd Planit right now to design it in it either. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks!
steve

Attachments

• layout diagram2.JPG
    layout diagram2.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 198

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Steve,

You are 3/4 of the way there...! If you are using track planning templates (non-electronic ones, I assume), why not just draw it out on some graph paper?

Alternately, if you have 3rd PLan-It, can you not create benchwork in that program? TrainClown (Gauge member) is a whiz with it, and has shown us some spectacular stuff.

Andrew

Ya your doing just fine but like the JAR said try some Graph paper it will help with your angles which I really have no idea what they are. The Island on the left side has a turn to it which im not really sure how much. Im gonna post my track plan. Its simple but with what you have I think It will spark some interest in ya mind.

Go for it! The two suggestions above say it all - ditto to these guys!...unless we're not really understanding what you're asking? What sort of templates are you using?

Galen

Drawing to scale is really simple with a Scale ruler. Its a triangle and has many different scales for you to use. If I had all I needed to get the benchwork correct then I can draw you a Trackplan and we all then can suggest imput for you to use. Dont worry about drawing it yourself. Just let us get the benchwork correct.

Hello everyone, and thanks for the suggestions. gottaBreal, im not sure what exactly you need, but the peninsulas are mitered at 22.5. If this is not what you need, please let me know! Thanks again.
steve:wave:

Steve.jpg

I need the Red area measured in Feet. I need you to go straight down the side then tell me the distance from that point to the edge of the layout so i know how to Draw it to scale.

also the other Red lines would be nice in Feet as well.

TrainClown

Thanks, Andrew, for the nice remark.

Steve, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the layout when I have it mapped out.

I'll also give you some pertinent tips for using 3rd PlanIt so you can go plan crazy.

TC