Can anyone ID this piece of MOW equipment?

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Every time I try to post a photo someone elses photo is posted instead.
I'll let the Wizzards get some rest and look at it tomorrow.

Attachments

• Unknown1.jpg
    Unknown1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 317

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Just joining the experiment...

This should show a kitbashed H0n30 loco (ex ATLAS N scale 0-8-0)
Ron

Edit: It worked!! :) :) :)
BTW, Ray, I see a strange MOW vehicle - although it's two times the same picture!

Attachments

• SRN24.jpg
    SRN24.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 307
F

Fred_M

That's the new experimental EMD NexGen LD1000 to compete with the GE Geneses for passanger motive power. It was suppose to be seceret so GE don't steal the plans. You aren't suppose to have and post pictures of that, but since you did and the damage is done, heres the scoop. It uses a new top seceret direct belt drive and does away with all them expensive electrial parts. It's also cab-less so AC isn't required. It's light weight should lead to increased fuel mileage. Later versions will be operator-less and a station agent will pull the new manual pre-rotator cord and the unit will start and continue down the track until it reaches its destination where another station agent will run along side it with a flat blade screw driver to switch it off. AmTrak and VIA are very excited as EMD is promising greater passanger saftey due to reduced speeds, and less damage to tracks and points due to lower loading of the track. With the decrease in passanger traffic both companies haved vowed to reduce costs by downsizing. Now you know. FRED

PS. Future plans call for a new passanger powered service where each passanger (in coach) will have a set of pedals installed beneeth their seat. AmTrak believes this will further lower cost and increase the share of sleeper berth ticket sales as they will be exempt from pedalling. The conductors will be trained in the use of flogs and be allowed to discipline coach passangers at their discretion. This will be offered to the union rather than a raise for conductors. It's thought the conductors will get a new pleasure from their job that money can't buy. Also the taking of bribes will now be reclassified as tips. FRED

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
OK Now I'm really confused. It sounds like you guys are seeing the photo I posted. On my screen I am seeing photos of Shaygetz module and the photo of his monster jeep.

F

Fred_M

I see the MOW equipment twice, the same one that you posted BC (before crash). Try pushing F5 when you're on the page. That does a full reload. FRED

F

Fred_M

You browser cache was mixed up on its temp files and was loading the wrong pixs. It stores some recent pages on your hard drive so they load faster. F5 is forced reload from source. Some of them new accelerator programs amplify this problem too, like net zero high speed. No big deal though, just push F5. Them F keys do stuff, I use F11 a lot, just push it again to go back. F1 is help, and F3 is fast find. The rest are rather useless to me. So that gives you four new keys to play with. It's was probally caused by the gauge crashing. Your cache gave a pic a number and the number was reused by the gauge again when it came back as a new picture because the old ones were deleted when the gauge crashed. So your new pic was gave the same number as an old pics on your drive in storage, so your machine loaded the pics from your drive instead of off the internet. So you were seeing old pixs stored locally until you reloaded and replaced them. You might see this more in the future so push that F5. Hope that helps. FRED

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Hi Ray,
Looked at your pics........studied 'em well....and I've arrived at the conclusion that........well,it's.......then again........yup...that's what it is, and yessir, that's what it does! :D :D :D

First guess, an underpowered section car, with some extra junk layed on it.
Second guess, the shroud at the "back end" could hide a saw blade, so possibly it was used to cut the ties, in the middle, so they could be pulled out from either side.
Third guess, well, yours is as good as mine.. :D :D (and a smilie here that represents shrugging shoulders) :D
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Nah, your all wrong. It paints the WHITE lines down the centre of the track. Just like a road marker. :rolleyes: ;) :wave:

Shamus

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Actually in the light of invreased terrorist threats it is an automatic explosives/quality of track detector. It runs a quarter of a mile ahead of the train and determins that all is well and that it can proceed safely. If it crashes it produces much less wear and tear on track, cars, and oh yes, passengers. :p :p :p :D