Calling all Gaugers!!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
As you may or may not know, a group of us are getting together this summer, July 31 - Aug. 8 in Toronto, Canada to have some fun, check out trains, BBQ, and run our NTRAK modules at the Muskoka Model RR Show, Aug 7 & 8.

Although not everyone can make the trip, you can still participate, by contributing rolling stock, structures, scenery items etc. It's a great way to get involved in this fun event - hopefully the first of many!

Rolling stock challenge project:
Assemble and custom detail a box car for inclusion on the module. The box cars will be run all weekend at the show and pictures will be posted of for all to see. (Thanks to Will Annand for the great idea!)

Build a structure:
The structures will go on a special 2x4 ft module that we will scenicked during the week of our get-together. This is a fun way for the folks who are here to do some modelling together, using structures contributed by our friends who can't make it.

Sound like fun? :D :D :D

Val

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
What A GREAT Idea!

While I can't make it out there, I'd still love to take part!

What sort of standard for the rolling stock? Metal wheels? Kadee-type couplers?
(I take it that you're working in N scale... )

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
While other commitments keep me from finishing my module on time, I will none-the-less be present! I've already got my trip booked and am really looking forward to this! I'll bring and engine and some passenger cars and also my chevron gas station.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I have your answer re couplers folks. MT are the preferred choice. We will also have a transition car for Rapido's to MT's, so if that's what you've got, you should be fine.

Please PM me for an address as to where to send your creations!

:wave: :D :wave: :D :wave: :D

Val

Allstate81140

Feb 19, 2004
Visalia, CA.
Visit site
Hi Mike. I am new to this group, and after getting my own website caught up some, and appointing a second moderator, I will enjoy posting a lot.

I just wrote to say it is rather ironic, the signature you use, as I run a Cushman scooter website, and we are mostly older guys (anywhere between 40 and 70), and are sometimes criticized by inlookers as being old mem searching for our youth. It couldn't be farther from the truth.

As you say, not to quote it, but it is true. You stop playing, you grow old. You think old, you are old. We ride these scooters all the time, and have clubs and meets such as yours. Think young, stay young for sure. I love trains, both toy and real. Have since I can remember.

Just wanted to throw that in. Didn't mean to put my site in the train site; but was just giving examples.

All have a great day. Jack.